Lake George Service Rates : Yankee Boat
Boat, Shrink Wrap
2011/2012 OFF-SEASON SERVICE AND STORAGE CONTRACT INFORMATION
Winter Boat Storage Pricing
- Winter storage pricing at Yankee includes hauling the boat out of the water and launching again.
- Sailboats: pricing includes de-stepping the mast and stepping it again in the spring. Any rigging or de-rigging is additional.
- Boats without keys, or boats with dead batteries will result in a $25.00 fee
- Transport / delivery charges depend on location and size of boat.
Annual Engine and Boat Services
- Winterize Engine(s) – Yankee’s engine winterization includes adding marine fuel stabilizer to prevent varnishing and water separation, fogging to prevent rust and corrosion, draining the cooling system and then flushing with antifreeze. *Yankee is not responsible for any freeze damage to boats made available for winterization after October 31, or first freeze.
- Lower Unit Service – Yankee changes your lower unit gear oil and tightens the gimbal ring U-Bolt to help prevent gimbal ring failure.
- Additional Winterization – Yankee will drain and flush any water system with non-toxic anti-freeze to avoid any damage.
- Spring Commission Checklist – Yankee will check all gauges, navigation lights, dash panel switches, bilge pump, CO2 alarm, and general mechanical systems for proper functioning. *Included in power boat winter storage.
- Engine Service – Change engine oil, oil filter and water separating fuel filter. Check steering and trim fluid levels and inspect all hoses and belts for wear.
- Outdrive Service (single/double prop) – Remove outdrive. Grease u-joints and check engine alignment. Visually inspect bellows. Remove prop and inspect prop shaft. Reinstall drive and check shifting operation. *Every other year.
- Water Pump Impeller (Alpha) *Every four years – Lower unit service must be completed at same time. Impeller pumps cooling water to engine, engine failure possible if not replaced.
- Water Pump Impeller (Bravo) *Every other year – Impeller pumps cooling water to engine, engine failure possible if not replaced.
- Tarp Sailboat – (Sailboat only) Yankee will raise the mast to a proper pitch, support it and use a heavy duty tarp supplied by Yankee. We will check on the condition of the tarp after large snowfalls and remove accumulated snow.
- Shrink Wrap – (Power and sail) Yankee will professionally frame a ridge pole with adequate pitch and wrap the boat in shrink wrap. Multiple vents and moisture control bags included. Add $0.20/sq.ft. if ridge pole materials are not provided.
- Yankee will power wash any summer growth off of the bottom of your boat. An acid wash will remove any residual staining from marine growth.
- Damaged propellers can lead to more expensive gear and seal failures and should be repaired if damaged.
- Yankee uses Interstate marine batteries. Batteries should be replaced after three years.
- Trailer Inspection – Yankee will set tire pressure, grease wheel bearings and check all lights.
- Trailer Maintenance – Remove wheels, check brakes, re-pack bearings and check coupler.
- Boat Detailing will be performed and billed in the spring before commissioning.
- Basic – Exterior wash and interior cleaning (excluding compartments)
- Premium – Exterior wash, hand wax, full interior (excluding compartments).
- Ultimate – Exterior wash, restorer buff hull, hand wax, polish stainless, full interior detail.
Additional Requests and Notes
- Please inform Yankee of any additional work or repairs you wish to have performed. Waiting until spring to arrange for repairs can delay launching.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, Shrink Wrap