Movement is essential to life and our well-being. Movement occurs at the intracellular level, involves vital organs and enables us to interact with the environment and express ourselves.
When our bodies move well, we think and feel well. Pilates is one of many mind-body methods that can help us achieve functional movement and vitality.
Pilates (pronounced pi-la-tease) is an approach to fitness that develops a balance between strength and flexibility with the goal of improving posture and mobility for optimal conditioning and ease of movement. Pilates will complement your regular fitness regime.
By practicing Pilates you can achieve better balance, gain a leaner body and feel more poised and less stressed.
Pilates will help you:
- Develop deep torso and abdominal strength balanced with appropriate flexibility and range of motion through the spinal column and joints of the body
- Develop pelvic and scapular stabilization
- Develop longer and leaner muscular tone through the length of your torso resulting in improved poster and function
- Improve coordination, body awareness and freedom of movement
- Reduce muscular tension, strain, neck and headaches and mental stress
- Increase your energy and vitality
Susan is a trained Pilates instructor. She is certified as a Second Wind® Pilates Plus® and Integrated Movement Therapies (IMT)® Instructor.
Movement is an expression of life!