The mobile device market has significantly changed the way it develops, integrates, tests, and deploys its software. Wind River is leading that wave of change by offering platform-based solutions that leverage the open source software platforms from the leading consortia in the market.
Our strategy is specifically designed to add predictability to the software delivery process without stifling the innovation rate that has made the open source approach so attractive to the mobile market. Wind River creates commercial platforms that drive rapid development and device validation to accelerate and ensure time-to-market for Linux-based mobile devices. Wind River's approach comprises five main pillars:
- Validate open source mobile software stacks
- Speed approval cycles by automating laborious test and compliance processes with custom-designed tools
- Manage the ecosystem of complementary software providers
- Deliver worldwide, certified customer support
- Offer customization services to help customers build out differentiated products
Leveraging our staff of more than 300 across six development centers, located in Korea, China, North America, Romania, France, and Germany, and vast experience from customers in every step in the value chain, Wind River is changing the way the mobile industry is developing and deploying innovative mobile devices.