People who occupy their own homes understand the importance of having coverage against things like vandalism, fire, theft, floods, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. But even then they sometimes choose not to insure their property against the occurrence of an incident with liability insurance for rental property. However, the moment a property owner decides to lease the property, different liability and safety considerations arise. There are commercial considerations and to address this, the major carriers offer special rental insurance policies for landlords that are sometimes referred to as rental homes insurance.
Renters Insurance Coverage
A renters insurance policy can help protect your personal property from fire damage, theft, and vandalism while also providing liability protection for your visitors and guests. Given the cost of electronics, jewelry, clothing it makes sense to carry coverage against loss and damage to your property. Research has shown the average renter owns $30,000 in personal property. (Actual values may vary throughout the U.S., and $30,000 is a rounded estimate of personal property value for a standard two-bedroom apartment.)
A Vantage Insurance renters insurance policy typically includes:
- Personal Property Protection - Covering the loss or damage of a renter's personal belongings usually on and, in most cases, off of your premises
- Liability Protection - Providing legal representation and protection against judgments for covered events
- Guest Medical Protection -generally covers medical costs for visitors injured at a renter's home
- Reimbursed Living Expenses - Reimbursement for costs of temporary housing, should it be necessary
Vantage Insurance offers a variety of ways to save with renters insurance discounts for:
- Monitored fire and burglar alarms
- Local ultrasonic burglar alarms
- Dead bolt locks on all exterior entryways
- Fire extinguishers
- Sprinkler systems
- Renters insurance combined with auto insurance or other policies
Purchasing renters insurance ensures that your property is protected. Don't make the mistake of thinking you it won't happen to me; you do need insurance for your belongings, even if you live in a rental property. You are the only one who is responsible for protecting your assets.
For more information on an Renters Insurance policy contact, Vantage Insurance at 866-550-8474 or fill out our online form above for your online Renters Insurance Quote today.
Vantage Insurance has the most
affordable Renters Insurance, we can write Coral Springs Renters Insurance,
Georgia Renters Insurance, Alabama Renters Insurance,
South Carolina Renters Insurance, and all of Florida, online
Renters Insurance quotes Available.