Thread Design, Coupling Design,
VAM® TOP is globally recognised as setting the standard in reliability and performance, for threaded
and coupled premium connections. The connection represents the output of 30 years of V&M TUBES’
Research & Development activities and has a track record that stretches back over more than a decade.
The connection minimises the risks that result from combined loads induced by:
GAS PRESSURE TEMPERATURE BENDING COMPRESSION
- Excellent resistance to bending, compression and torque
- Reliable gas-tight sealing under any kind of combined loads
- Easy to use and repair
- Successful field running experience for more than 10 years
Energized metal-to-metal seal
- A patented metal-to-metal seal system offers excellent gas-tight sealing, under even the most severe
combined loads, as encountered in deviated or long horizontal wells.
- The seal integrity remains constant after repeated make-ups and break-outs.
- The seal geometry
protects against galling.
Reverse Angle Torque Shoulder
- A reverse angle torque shoulder provides a positive torque stop which allows for accurate power-tight
make-up and minimizes hoop stresses in the connection.
- The "wedge" effect caused by the reverse angle gives the connection superior structural
- The shoulder design is optimized in order to resist adverse conditions such as combined compression
and external pressure or combined bending, compression, and torque (see the corresponding gas-tight
VME performance envelopes for tubing and casing sizes).
Improved hook thread design
- A modified hook thread profile with 3° reverse angle on the load flank, not only provides the
connection with superior tension strength but also increases its resistance to compression.
- The excellent structural strength including increased bending and compression resistance, makes this
connection especially suited for highly deviated and long horizontal wells.
- Optimized thread geometry minimizes the risk of galling, even when thread lubricants are poorly applied.
- The 100% efficient connection performance has been engineered through factors such as: the coverage
of the vanishing threads, long internal shoulder, and coupling critical cross sections greater than
those of the pipe body
Streamlined internal profile
- A pin ID chamfer, tight tolerances on the coupling center and a long shoulder combine to minimize
turbulence and energy loss inside the connection for high-velocity gas flows.
Extensive testing to the limits
- The connection has been extensively tested through the whole range of diameters in accordance with
the most stringent qualification procedures, including the latest ISO13679 standards.
- Enhanced HP-HT qualified designs are available upon request, for the most extreme applications.
- VAM® TOP SC90 / VAM® TOP SC80 (special clearance): these extraclearance couplings offer 90%
and 80% tensile efficiency respectively.
- GRE liner: the combination of a GRE liner with a standard VAM® TOP connection has been tested
and fully validated.
- CLEANWELL®: this option gives access to all the benefits coming from a dope-free solution: no
storage dope, no running dope.
- VAM® TOP HT / VAM® TOP HC / VAM® TOP FE: Specific VAM® TOP designs are available for
higher torque applications / higher compression applications / enhanced fatigue resistance. Please refer
to the dedicated leaflets for details.
, Thread Design
Contact Vam Services
Email - none provided
Print this page