Threads of metal fasteners are usually created on a thread rolling machine. They may also be cut with a lathe, tap or die. Rolled threads are stronger than cut threads, with increases of 10% to 20% in tensile strength and possibly more in fatigue resistance and wear resistance. Thread cutting, as compared to thread forming and rolling, is used when full thread depth is required, the quantity is small, the blank is not very accurate, threading up to a shoulder is required, threading a tapered thread, or the material is brittle
Threading capabilities at Threadall Manufacturing Include:
* Roll Thread and Cut Thread on Solids or Pipe
* From #2-56 to 4 1/2" Diameter.
* UNC, UNF and 8 Pitch
* Acme in both Full and Stub formats.
* Metric and Contour Tylag (coil) Threads.
* All Threads are available in Right and Left Hand Threads.
Special Pitches available on all grades of material
to request any additional information or pricing.
*courtesy of wikipedia
Threadall Manufacturing Company - ISO 9001:2008 Certified
P: 1-877-777-2612 F: 519-576-3991