A nut is a type of hardware fastener with a threaded hole. Nuts are almost always used opposite a mating bolt to fasten a stack of parts together. The two partners are kept together by a combination of their threads' friction, a slight stretch of the bolt, and compression of the parts. In applications where vibration or rotation may work a nut loose, various locking mechanisms may be employed: Adhesives, safety pins or lockwire, nylon inserts, or slightly oval-shaped threads. The most common shape is hexagonal, for similar reasons as the bolt head - 6 sides give a good granularity of angles for a tool to approach from (good in tight spots), but more (and smaller) corners would be vulnerable to being rounded off. Other specialized shapes exist for certain needs, such as wing nuts for finger adjustment and captive nuts for inaccessible areas* Threadall Manufacturing Capabilities Include:
* UNC (course), UNF (fine), and Special Pitches.
* All Threads are available in Right and Left Hand Threads
* Metric in both course and fine
* Acme in both Full and Stub formats
* Special Pitches available on all grades of material,
* Tapping and threading to 6" in diameter
* Hot Dipped Galvanized tapped oversized.
* Coupling, square, round and jam nuts.
Any Special configurations can be Milled from Bar Stock
for additional information and pricing
Threadall Manufacturing Company - ISO 9001:2008 Certified
P: 1-877-777-2612 F: 519-576-3991