server based computing
THINWORX Architecture for Server-Based Application Delivery
How SBC transforms the traditional desktop computing environment
Server-based computing resolves the management, access and security issues of a traditional distributed computing platform.
- Reduced IT Cost and ComplexitySingle-point application deployment, management and support simplifies administration and demands fewer IT resources than the traditional PC computing platform.
- Applications are configured once, on a central server, and instantly propagate to all users; applications and files installed on a few servers can be made accessible to hundreds of workstations.
- Patch management for clients is unnecessary.
- Troubleshooting is simplified: issues are resolved centrally and simultaneously redressed on user devices.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
A server-based computing platform reduces overhead costs, increases ROI and boosts productivity.
- An SBC -enabled thin-client computing platform can dramatically reduce the energy consumption of end-use devices
- SBC effectively extends Windows or DOS-based applications beyond the performance capabilities of the client workstation, allowing legacy hardware to run newer applications despite limitations of local memory and CPU.
- Increased Security
- SBC is recognized as the most secure architecture for application delivery.
- Centrally controlled, role-based access, further ensures data security.
- Central control over data printing and storage rights.
- Enhanced Business Agility and Continuity
- SBC accelerates application deployment and extends it to virtually any client device, enhancing an organization’s responsiveness and agility.
- Ensures continuity during server interruptions.
- Reduces system downtime through improved redundancy and disaster management.
- Reduces the risk of data loss through centralized storage, management, and backup.
- End-User Mobility and Flexibility
- SBC promotes flexible work arrangements by enabling remote access to enterprise applications and data.
Learn more about centralized application delivery and management with THINWORX