Thermalpix will concentrate on the residential building sciences sector. Here are a few of the tasks that can be performed in a thermal inspection; Building Envelopes, Roofing, and Structure
- Locate missing or damaged insulation and building envelope defects.
- Identify areas of moisture intrusion and the potential for mold growth.
- Evaluate radiant heating wires or pipes in concrete or ceramic floors.
- Document the thermal performance of retrofits.
- Discover thermal bridging and other construction anomalies.
- Identify air leakage at foundation wall sill plate.
- Evaluate performance of roof soffit vents.
- Map hot and cold water lines and HVAC ducts.
- Inspect electrical systems for hot spots.
- Identify water damaged portions of a flat roof quickly and accurately.
If you have a unique problem, or you think thermographic imaging may be of some assistance, give us a call to discuss it and we will let you know if it is outside of our scope.