Why does The Pros From Dover, Inc. offer Governance services? It is because we find that organizations typically don’t fully understand that SOA and BPM governance requires an effective combination of the people, policies, and processes to obtain the maximum value out of an SOA and BPM implementation. This involves participation from all levels of the enterprise. Our SOA and BPM governance services help organizations answer questions like:
1. Who should be involved in governance from the strategic level as well as the tactical levels within operations and technical departments? 2. Does the organization have a business services policy board including corporate, departmental, and IT management asking questions to certify that a specified service is the correct business practice?3. Does the organization have a programming standards board within the IT organization? The organization needs a peer review process so that IT serves the business effectively and predictably. 4. Does the organization employ SOA and BPM governance best practices?
- Who is allowed to change a service?
- Who needs to be alerted if a service is changed?
- If a service is changed, does it impact another service?
- How do you name a service so that its function is well understood by the business?
- Who decides which piece of code should become the standard service?
- How does the organization check the service for quality and performance?
- What is the process if something goes wrong? Who gets notified and how do problems get fixed?
5. Who is monitoring the life cycle of services and ensuring that they meet current business processes?
- Who in IT is enforcing quality to ensure the proper design of services?
- Is IT documenting how services are dependent on each other?
- Is IT registering services properly?
- Is there a consistent process for verifying the quality and integrity of the service?
- Is there a consistent process for putting a service into operation?
- Is there a consistent process for removing an obsolete service from operation?
- Is there a security strategy surrounding human access and application access to services?
- Are metrics being kept on how successful the SOA and BPM implementation has been?
- Is there a task force to implement service improvements?
- Is there a management process in place to monitor how well software helps the company meet regulations?
Effective governance maximizes the value of IT investments and improves communication between business and IT, leading to efficient use of resources and good project management. This is where The Pros From Dover, Inc. can provide professional assistance in designing SOA and BPM Governance to help you obtain the maximum value out of your Enterprise Integration investments.
last updated 2010/02/13