Enterprise Integration Assessments - The Pros From Dover, Inc
The Pros From Dover
Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Integration
Enterprise Integration Assessments - The Pros From Dover, Inc.
If you don't know where you're going, you will probably wind up there, and that probably isn't where you want to be. (anonymous)The Pros From Dover have methods of assessing how your IT Integration Initiative is doing that have been proven through years of use within multiple medium and large organizations. Our proprietary "IT Initiative Assessment" covers the four critical domains (technical, managerial, financial and operational) and creates a synthesis view across all four domains. An assessment can be tailored to your needs, from rigorous and formal to very quick and informal.
- The Technical Assessment examines your system development and integration methodology, the methodology documentation, how well your team is executing your methodology, the quality of the artifacts your team is creating , how well the architecture/design aligns with your requirements/need statement and the quality of the implementation itself.
- The Management Assessment examines your integration management methodology, the methodology documentation, how well your team is executing your methodology, the quality of the artifacts your team is creating and how well the team is performing to cost, schedule and quality goals.
- The Financial Assessment examines your financial plan for developing the system and how well that plan satisfies the business needs the system is intended to satisfy.
- The Operational Assessment examines the involvement of your operational IT staff in the development and deployment of the new system. Were they involved in the planning for how the system will be deployed? Were they consulted and did they provide high quality information on how the new system is to be controlled and managed? Has the necessary training been designed and prepared for the operators and users of the new system?
- The Synthesis Assessment evaluates how well your team integrates the four critical domains. Is the team strong enough in each of the four domains? Are the different portions of the team (technical, managerial, financial and operational) working well with each other? Does the system have the right interfaces with all parts of the business and your customers and vendors? Is the team producing the right artifacts?
A typical assessment produces:
- A Formal Assessment Report with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- An Executive Assessment Presentation
- One, or more, Focus Assessment Presentation(s)
- An annotated copy of your Enterprise Architecture Model
- Recommendations for going forward with either an Enterprise Integration Road Map or Jump Start
to request more information.
last updated 2010/02/19
, Enterprise Integration
Contact The Pros From Dover
Email - none provided
Print this page