Page Intro: Here’s everything you’ll want or need to know about ordering from us. Information such as details, , , our , online , , a look at , our , and a short . If you need additional help, please visit our separate page.
First, please bear in mind these important points:
- Always provide your full contact details so we can get in touch with you if there’s a question.
Bug Ordering Deadlines
The daily Monday through Friday cutoff time is 3:00 pm Eastern Standard time when ordering by telephone or fax), in observance to the other deadlines shown below. In most cases, if you need the organisms by the following week, you must order by this time. The deadline is 1:00 pm if the order is made online, by email, or is a distributor order. In case you don’t know, you requested this page at 2:11 am Eastern time.
- Allow two weeks (or much longer)
- Outdoor (quad) bumblebee hives. If possible, order bees as early as possible. The backlog for Quad hives can grow to 12-14 weeks quickly.
- Order by Wednesday
- Chrysoperla rufilabris lacewing larvae in the hexcell unit.
- Order by Thursday
- Aphidius ervi, Aphelinus abdominalis (not detailed on site), Aphidius colemani, Dacnusa siberica, Diglyphus isaea, Eretmocerus eremicus, Orius insidiosus, Feltiella acarisuga, Podisus maculiventris, and Cryptolaemus montrouzieri.
- Order by Friday
- All other biocontrols.
- Order Anytime…
- …or during business hours by phone: Non-perishable products, nematodes (1 million size and solid type) and ladybugs (Hippodamia convergens). The latter two can be ordered and shipped the same week if ordered by Wednesday noon.
There are no deadlines for ordering in-stock hard goods. They will usually ship the day you order them observing the daily times listed above. Deadlines apply to all live organism orders.
Telephone and Visitation Hours
Our telephone hours are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on Fridays. We are closed on most major holidays and on weekends. If you wish to visit us, we kindly ask that you make an appointment, even during — we are not a retail outlet. All times are Eastern.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit/debit cards. When ordering online you may also pay by sending funds via your PayPal account if you have one, or bank transfer, e-check.
Payment for offline orders may also be made by company or personal check. This must be sent in advance (and it must cover shipping) or you may be billed as we do offer limited credit to most commercial, academic, governmental, and institutional accounts upon request, pending approval. Purchase orders (PO) are generally accepted from these accounts (you may reference a PO number when ordering online if you are using a purchase card). Where it does apply, billing terms are 25 days, net, for those accounts, 15 days, net, for other approved accounts, and 30 days, net, for active distributors). Reasonable late charges will apply to delinquent accounts.
We guarantee the organisms we ship within the United States including Alaska but not Hawaii or the territories to arrive alive and capable of performing as advertised. Claims, if any, must be telephoned in as soon as possible with the suspect unreleased organisms close at hand and treated as if alive (they may need to be returned and we may want to ask you questions or try a few things). Most times they are “resting” and we know how to “wake them up.” Really. This guarantee is only available to those receiving their biocontrol product via a delivery means which results in an overnight-only transit period, whether the shipment is made by ground or air. There are a few exceptions to this: Ladybugs ship guaranteed via second day air; international shipments, including Canada, are not guaranteed at all. Shipping costs are not refunded or credited. Keep reading for .
Guarantees of our IPM and Educational products offered by manufacturers will be extended where feasible, otherwise our standard guarantee is to allow the return of new, unopened, unused goods within a reasonable period of thirty days for a refund, credit, or exchange. Shipping costs are not refunded or credited. Exchanges, depending on the reason, may be subject to additional shipping.
Online Sales Icons
Want to save or find new items, look for any of the following markers and you may find some savings — or at least something special or new:
- Shop Icons Legend
- - This item is not available at the moment. Since the item could be on backorder for a while, it’s best to call 603.942.8925 before ordering. Better safe than sorry.
- - Get ‘em while they last. Items marked as closeout items are no longer being made or we’re not going to restock.
- - New item to us anyway. Items marked with this are new offerings. Try them and let us know what you think.
- - New bug to us anyway. Biocontrols marked with this are new offerings. Try them and let us know what you think.
- - New book to us anyway. Books marked with this are new offerings. Read them and let us know what you think.
- - Generally this is used to mark a new and exceptional book. We may or may not have a current Hot Pick.
- - Items marked with this icon have limited availability. Generally it’s best to call 603.942.8925 about said items before ordering. Better safe than sorry.
- - Means we have something nobody else does… besides fantastic quality, great prices, reliable shipping, wonderful service, and comprehensive support.
- - More than likely you probably won’t see this since sold out items will be removed from our shop.