Why were YOUTH RECONNECT SUPPORT SERVICES designed?
- Help youth without secure housing
- Help youth access services and supports within his/her community
- Help youth remain in his/her own community, so that he/she can give back both economically and socially
Who delivers this program?
Youth Connect Worker, Andrew Jolley, is available to assist at risk youth in securing housing and social support services in Grimsby and West Niagara. Outreach staff work with local community service providers and youth to coordinate access and ensure services are available when and where they are needed.
Who is the target population?
The service focuses on supporting high-risk youth who are:
- Without stable family, peer or community supports
- Experiencing difficulty accessing current community support services
- Homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- In danger of dropping out of school
- Engaging in unhealthy lifestyle choices including drug abuse, addiction and criminal behavior
What is the referral process?
Direct referrals are accepted from individuals, parents, social service agencies, the judicial system, community service providers, schools, and the police. Services can be accessed via the RAFT or the FORT.
To talk with the Youth Connect Worker call the RAFT at 905-984-4365 or the FORT at 905-309-3678 and ask to speak to Andrew Jolley.