Having invented and refined the Environmental Exposure Unit concept in Kingston,
we have considerable experience in conducting EEU-based studies. Our years of experience
and highly trained, professional staff will help to ensure that your study is suitably
designed to provide quality results, and help to ensure that your study meets strict
- Single site allowing for rapid study initiation.
- Advice on study co-ordination.
- Full-time subject recruitment staff.
- Screened subject base of over 3,000.
- Network access and hardware for EDC data entry and monitoring.
Study Design and Planning
- Assist with protocol development / study design.
- Eligibility criteria selection.
- CRF and source document / EDC design.
- Symptom scoring and data collection advice.
- Realistic timelines and budgets.
Our qualified and experienced medical professionals assist with the screening of
study subjects. Screening procedures often involve ECGs, serum and skin testing.
A number of objective measurements can be performed including acoustic rhinometry,
PNIF or PEFR measures, blood tests (e.g. mediators), as well as nasal cytology and
nasal secretions. The controlled environment of the EEU allows for the reliable
assessment of symptoms, ensuring precise timing and a high level of medication compliance.
- Located in Kingston General Hospital (CCHSA Accredited).
- EEU can accomodate cohorts of up to 160 subjects.
- Onsite access to hospital ER and other clinical services.
- Access to diagnostic laboratory services.
- GMP compliant.
- KGH Investigational Drug Service is available to support EEU Research including
the provision of third party packaging for clinical trials.
- Optical scanning of subject diary cards.
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of symptom scoring.
- SAS compatible dataset for import into your database.
- Rapid symptom data access.