When your lead marketing efforts are broken, there are a multitude of places to turn for analysis and help. You may be tempted to look at your demand generation programs. But honestly, the last thing your organization probably needs is MORE leads. Quality is a much bigger issue. And while fixing the problem with technology such as marketing automation may be tempting, it will only add to the complexity.
More than likely your problems are rooted in lead management or the underlying processes (or lack thereof) for your programs. But what exactly do we mean?
Simply put, lead management is the PROCESS of receiving, qualifying, routing, and closing sales leads. It is the foundation for your demand generation programs, as well as what fuels marketing automation technology. At the Annuitas Group, we’ve developed a comprehensive methodology for addressing your lead management process called the Lead Management Framework™. Having a Lead Management Framework in place will help marketing generate more qualified leads, shorten the sales cycle, and ultimately lead to increased revenue and profitability.
So, how does one go about developing and implementing the Lead Management Framework? You start by identifying the gaps and opportunities to improve your current process – something we call a Lead Management Audit.
It’s hard to solve a problem without knowing the nature of the problem, or where it exists. A Lead Management Audit by The Annuitas Group serves to help clients “know what they don’t know” by walking through and examining every step of the Lead Management Framework. To achieve this, we conduct extensive interviews with every stakeholder in the process – marketing, sales, ops, finance, executives, etc. During the process, we immerse ourselves in every aspect of your programs – from reviewing current marketing campaigns, to identifying what marketing and sales technologies are being utilized, to understanding your company’s sales process. The result is a detailed list of gaps, recommendations and a plan for implementing a Lead Management Framework.
The Lead Management Audit includes:
- Remote or on-site audit of current internal lead management processes, including comprehensive interviews with stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, finance and any other department that provides input
- An audit of current lead management technologies (marketing automation, CRM, etc.)
- A review of current lead sources
- An audit of current database structure and segmentation strategy
- An audit of current lead qualification and routing protocols
- A review of the current offer map and content development process.
- A review of current metrics and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Recommendations for improving internal lead management processes such as qualification, lead routing, lead scoring, etc.
- Recommendations on the role of each key stakeholder for improved lead management
- Recommendations on technology to help improve and automate lead management
- Recommendations on which metrics and KPIs should be monitored and/or developed
- A written summary and presentation on key findings and recommendations for improving and implementing a closed-loop lead management process