SDH/ SONET Network Probe-Telesoft
cell phone, Network Equipment, Passive Monitoring
The HINTON SDH/ SONET Network Probe is a passive (non-intrusive) solution that provides a fully managed and scalable network monitoring platform. The high-performance network probes can be deployed as stand-alone solutions or in a fully distributed architecture.
The HINTON SDH/ SONET Network Probe includes built-in support for powerful filtering mechanisms on a wide range of parameters. This allows the capture of highly targeted data and media content, the ability to support up to 100,000 concurrent complex filters, and deliver reporting on up to 100% of network traffic.
The SDH/ SONET Network Probe supports signalling and bearer channel monitoring across a wide range of interfaces. It supports interception of voice/ SMS data, provides the ability to monitor and filter signaling and generates comprehensive CDRs.
Supporting SS7 (LSL and HSL), SIGTRAN, and bearer channel monitoring across a wide range of interfaces, the SDH/ SONET Probe can be deployed in any network to provide reporting of calls, SMS and other network events.
- International transmission links
- Wireline circuit switched networks
- Wireless 2G/ 3G
- Wireless 2G/ 3G circuit-switched core
Developers can access captured data via a range of flexible API interfaces:
- Standardised (ETSI) delivery interfaces for integration with operator lawful interception media platforms, warrant management and law enforcement agencies.
- Communication/call data records (CDR) API: contains the call details including number called and length of call.
- Call progress records (CPR) API: provides information about non-call events (such as cell phone location updates) and real-time call traces.
- SMS Data Records (SMS DR): all SMS related records.
- Ability to combine multiple network types
- Allows collection of data for all subscribers, not just selected targets
- Scalable from 1-1000s E1, T1, STM-1, OC-3 with no feature degradation and generic APIs
- Independent of operator and network equipment
- Cost-effective comprehensive probe allows SIs/OEMs to concentrate on applications
- Can serve multiple applications simultaneously
- Non-intrusive, passive monitoring allows complex, independent and intelligent probing
- Mass intercept capability
- Raw or filtered signaling and/or call information, forwarded to third-party applications
- PSTN, GSM, UMTS, CDMA2000 and IP-network support
- Broad range of signaling and interfaces supported
- STM1/E1 inputs
- CIC mapping
- Auto signaling discovery
- Identify fax and data sessions
- DTMF extraction from all input channels
- Forwarding of data via TDM or IP
- Easy-to-use APIs for integration into existing systems
- Forwarding of cellular packet data sessions
Interested? Want to learn more?
Suitable for a range of telecommunications monitoring applications
The SDH/ SONET Probe offers high-density monitoring capabilities across multiple network sites. It has a small footprint, ensuring reduced OPEX requirements. It is capable of auto-discovery of signaling and visualisation of network topology.
The SDH/ SONET Probe allows SIs and OEMs to provide a range of monitoring applications and services to network operators and their customers:
- Authorised Lawful Intercept applications
- CDR generation for fraud detection and revenue assurance
- CDR generation for data retention
, Network Equipment
, Passive Monitoring