Tailblazers : Dog Walking
Dogs, puppy, Information Sheet
Your dog will be picked up from your home at a time that works best considering your schedule away. Walks take place Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays) between 10:30am and 4:00pm. A typical outing consists of:
- An on-leash pack stroll around different neighbourhoods, filled with sniffing and squirting. Dogs are walked in a calm, controlled & well-mannered group by an experienced handler
- An occasional pass through Coronation Park, Trinity Bellwoods or Stanley Park where approved dogs can stretch out and run
- Meeting and greeting lots of new friends; canine and human..and occasionally feline!
- Basic obedience is positively reinforced throughout the walk
- Dogs are dropped off at home, tired and happy, and with an 'empty tank'!
- The typical number of dogs in a group is 5, with a maximum of 6. Dogs are grouped together based on location, energy level, personality, length of outing, and physical capability.
Sometimes a dog is best not walked with a group of other dogs. Some reasons may include age, stamina, injury, size, lack of obedience training, aggression, or other habits that require individual attention. For these special cases we (subject to availability) are often able to provide private or semi-private on-leash neighbourhood walks. These walks usually include 1 or 2 dogs, and last from 10 to 15 minutes.
To help us determine whether or not your dog will be a good fit for the Tail Blazers gang, please fill out the New Client Application Form and submit your answers. Please note that we only accept dogs booked for a minimum of 2 days/week.
Once we have reviewed all of your information, we you contact you to set up a preliminary meeting at your home.
You will need the following prior to our meeting:
- Tail Blazers Information Sheet outlining your dog’s history and personality, fully completed and signed
- A key to your home (sorry, but signing the key in/out from the concierge is not acceptable), and passcard, if applicable
- Proof of rabies vaccination (tags)
- City of Toronto license/tag (this is now mandatory for all dog walkers)
- A non-extendible nylon leash and sturdy, well-fitting collar, preferably martingale-style, and Halti, if necessary
Have a new addition to family? If you have a puppy that needs a break or two during the day while you're at work, but isn't quite ready for group walks with the big boys, puppy visits are the perfect alternative. We come to your home and take your puppy out (on-leash) for some fresh air and exercise, and to do his business. At your request, we also dish out any needed mid-day feedings, and always top up the bowl with fresh water. There is also plenty of cuddling and belly rubbing administered!
30min Walk: $14
60min Walk: $17
20min Puppy Visit: $18/one daily visit or $24/two daily visits
30min Private Walk or Evening Walk: $22
*additional dogs from the same family get a 50% discount
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, Information Sheet