Consulting supports clients in developing detailed requirements
for software. A requirements definition project determines the key
business, technical, and functional requirements that would be required
for a software application to ensure that it meets the client’s
Requirements Definition (RD) process it very critical to the overall
success of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process. If the requirements
gathered are not accurate, the proposed vendor solutions may not
fit the client’s needs and be able to address their key issues.
To guide our RD efforts, the following approach will be utilized:
1. Start from a baseline.
2. Write requirements in clear and concise statements that permit
3. Focus on future state needs.
4. Consolidate similar requirements and system-wide requirements
5. Organize requirements by function, module, and/or process.
6. Perform a preliminary fit-gap analysis.
7. Outline system-wide issues.
the RFP is issued, Stern Consulting will support client’s
analysis of proposals. Stern Consulting points out critical issues
for clients to consider in making its choice. In addition, Stern
Consulting will provide a tool for the client to evaluate and rank
the RFP responses, which will aid the discussion on which vendors
are selected to return for the on-site demo.