SpaceClaim Solutions|3D Modeling for Lean Product Development and Manufacturing
Product Development , modeling, Product Design
Why Choose SpaceClaim?
- SpaceClaim is the fastest solid modeler available, letting you process more ideas more quickly and interact directly with your customers
- Only SpaceClaim has Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine, the easiest way to do 3D
- Never experience rebuild errors or struggle with complicated constraints. Leave those problems with traditional CAD
A Quantum Leap in Engineering Productivity
SpaceClaim Engineer enables innovation and improves
efficiency throughout the product development cycle.
Optimizing Engineering with 3D Modeling
The rules of product development are changing. Smart manufacturers are realizing that by realigning product design activities, they can guarantee that final testing will validate expected results.
By empowering engineering with easy-to-use and powerful 3D conceptual design tools, together with access to CAE, engineers can optimize their designs before committing them to the labor-intensive detailed design process in traditional CAD.
The untapped opportunity for most manufacturers is that CAE isn’t involved until late in the product development cycle - when the fixes are often very costly. Up-front simulation avoids last-minute compromises.
Enabling Creativity to Foster Innovation and Win More Business
- Easily visualize and evaluate designs
- Achieve new levels of creativity and product innovation
- Quickly create new designs and easily change them later
- Use groundbreaking 3D modeling tools
- Reuse almost any 2D or 3D CAD file
- Have complete control over assembly structures and bill of materials
Improving CAE Productivity to Reduce Lead Times
SpaceClaim Engineer improves simulation productivity by giving engineers total control of model preparation, editing, and optimization, reducing iteration and lead times significantly and getting products to market faster.
- Easily prepare CAD models for meshing and analysis
- Quickly improve and manipulate the design
- Seamlessly share design changes with the CAD team
- Fix STEP, IGES, and other imported CAD files
SpaceClaim 3D Direct Modeling is easy to learn and use and
includes basic 3D commands like Pull and Move.
Streamlining Product Design to Improve Quality and Lower Cost
SpaceClaim Engineer and CAE work together to optimize product designs before detailing in CAD. Engineers can get the engineering right and the CAD teams can produce a better detail design for manufacturing.
- Optimize against opposing design parameters, honing the understanding of ideal solutions
- Change materials, design approaches, and manufacturing processes without starting from scratch
- Reuse existing parts and designs as a starting point for new ones, applying knowledge as you discover it in CAE
- Provide accurate, solid models to the CAD team to maximize process efficiency
Getting the Job Done in Manufacturing
SpaceClaim in Industrial Design
SpaceClaim marries the
simplicity of a surface modeler with the robust power of solid modeling.
Use SpaceClaim to create quick assemblies for surfacing in your
favorite surface modeler. Or, turn surface models into solids, adding
- SpaceClaim’s direct solid modeling is the fastest way to create forms, basic concepts, and massing studies
- Directly create and edit surface curves, even if the surfaces weren’t created in SpaceClaim
- Interoperate with your favorite surface modelers and enjoy direct copy-and-paste integration with Rhino and MOI
Who Benefits from Deploying SpaceClaim in Your Organization?
Engineers (and industrial designers)
- First 3D system on the market that any engineer or industrial designer can use
- Fastest 3D Direct Modeler for concept modeling ever developed
- Clear concept communication and 3D markup
- Works with data from anywhere (such as 2D, 3D, photos, sketches, and scan data)
- Best tool for CAE model creation, preparation, and optimization
Managers and IT Staff
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TOC) and remarkably fast Return on Investment (ROI)
- Dramatic Improvement in time-to-CAD
- Removes expensive iterations and design delays
- 3D interaction with customers wins more business
- 3D interaction with suppliers lowers components costs
- Saves maintenance costs
- Underserved CAD users switch to SpaceClaim, saving money
- Prevents casual users from damaging expensive CAD data
- Low TOC and fast ROI
- Imports and edits any CAD data
- Cleans and simplifies any data from any CAD system
- 3D Direct Modeling is better for Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), such as creating fixtures in hours instead of days
- Fix problems whereever you find them. easily communicating suggestions to the customer
"We identified a need for a 3D design tool for engineers involved in concept modeling and simulation that was easy to use, didn't require intensive training and yet was precise, powerful, and worked with our existing CAD and CAE tools. SpaceClaim met the key requirements of our global business units.."
Manager of Enterprise CAD/CAE/CAM
"With SpaceClaim, we are winning competitive bids about 80% of the time, which represents a significant increase from our prior rate 50%."
"The argument for streamlining by enforcing a single CAD platform is a thing of the past. The goal is to streamline the workflow while introducing the best tools for every job. Although a mix of tools comes at a higher support cost, reducing wasted time in engineering and getting products to market faster is what gives us our competitive edge. We have achieved this goal by empowering our engineers with SpaceClaim.'"
"Finding SpaceClaim has been such a relief after investigating all other modelling tools. We had been resigned to thinking that the over-complex parametric software being pushed our way was the inevitable future. The simplicity of SpaceClaim's direct modeling, combined with the ability to create any shapes you can think of, from basic to complex, makes installing it on our school network a 'no-brainer.' SpaceClaim looks and feels like it has been designed by someone who has experienced teaching CAD to the full age range and ability in a school."
Head of Design Technology
St. Christopher School, Letchworth Garden City, UK
"Before we used SpaceClaim,
we had to go to the CAD team every time we needed a change. Now with
SpaceClaim, the process is speeded up significantly because we're able
to test the changes ourselves."
NVH and CAE Manager
Borg Warner, TorqTransfer Systems Business Unit
"Often I had Models for analysis we couldn't get to at all because it took forever. Now, I am saving at least 10 man hours per model analyzed and I am able to get results more quickly than I had anticipated"
Mads Jakob Jensen
"With SpaceClaim, I edit the model directly, as I choose, experimenting freely and getting better designs much more rapidly than ever before. SpaceClaim is the way I'll be designing the majority of my parts in the future."
, Product Design
, Product Development