Scoring as we know it is about the change – are you prepared?
To achieve or maintain accreditation status for your sleep facility, you must be scoring to the new American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) standards by July 1, 2008.
Will you be ready?
Sleep Strategies sleep-scoring services meet the new AASM standards. And we can help you meet them, too.
- Is your sleep facility ready to implement the new scoring standards?
- Do your technologists have the knowledge and training to work with the new scoring rules?
- Do you know what these new standards will mean to your daily scoring of sleep studies?
- Can you provide guidance, direction and tools so your technologists can apply these new rules?
Sleep Strategies has the solution.
Not only can we score your studies according to the new rules, but we can also help your business comply with the new AASM scoring standards.
You can be ready. We can help.
This comprehensive training course covers the new AASM scoring criteria, including
- an overview of the AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specifications;
- instructions on transitioning from R&K to the new scoring methodology;
- review of polysomnograms scored using the new methodology;
- an assessment of your facility’s internal polices and procedures with regard to the new standards; and
- an evaluation of montages and custom reports to ensure they are compatible with the new AASM guidelines.
Sleep Strategies offers a quality-assessment program on the integration of the new scoring rules. This program is designed to ensure your in-house technologists fully understand the changes and are able to effectively score to the new AASM standards.
Our assessment includes
- a review of randomly selected sleep studies for each of your internal scoring technologists;
- a detailed analysis of the results, including inter-scorer reliability testing.
Remember: To receive and retain AASM accreditation for your sleep facility, your scoring must meet the new standards by July 1, 2008.
Sleep Strategies can assist you to meet this deadline and ensure a smooth transition.