Community Futures Newsask - Services
Working in the north east to achieve development in business and communities.
- Will strengthen partnerships with organizations through increased visibility
- Is the place to go for help.
- Is recognized as being "Business Friendly" (User Friendly).
- Provides a wide range of business and community development services, of which lending is seen as a major component.
- Includes assistance with preparation of business plans, feasibility studies, consultation, and may include training in various aspects of business.
- Financial computerized analysis and projections in approximately 2 to 3 hours. this includes a 3 year cash flow, balance sheet, income and expense statements, as well as business rations and break-even analysis. There may be a fee of $50.00 per hour.
- Taps into the Internet's global network to find business information, market products and services, make contacts with colleagues, and how to improve customer service.
- Fees charged on a cost recovery basis.
North East Supported Employment Program
- Promote increased employment among persons with disabilities.
- Employment and training consultation services may include training in various aspects of business.
- Referral placement and follow up services.
- Resume writing and job preparation workshops.
- Funding available.
- General Employment Insurance Information.
Business Resource Library
- Complete range of business references, self improvement & employment information resources.
- Over 2100 different resources available in book, cassette tape, video and file format.
- Resources can be borrowed.
- Search our database of library resources.
- Investing in people and community partnerships.
- Promoting entrepreneurship.
- Interest rate set at Bank of Montreal prime + 3% per annum or a minimum of 8% per annum, which ever is higher.
- Flexline interest rate is set at Bank of Montreal prime + 4% per annum or a minimum of 9% per annum, whichever is higher.
- Lending maximum of $150,000 per business; loan application fees apply based on the amount of the loan.
- One to five year terms available for up to ten years for land and building.
- Self-Employment program for people on Employment Insurance or who have been in the last three years and are currently unemployed.
- Loans, loan guarantees and equity investment.
- Various other Loan funds are available.
What makes Newsask Different
- Newsask provides flexibility to fit the individual needs of the business because we want you to succeed. Your payment plan can be flexible. it may be interest only payments for six months, semi-annual or annual payments, depending on the type of business you are operating.
- Newsask does not require a down payment. We can assist you with researching your business idea and provide statistics and information to assist you in preparing a business plan.
- It does not do the client, community, or Newsask any good if the business does not succeed.
- We can assist you with a review of your business to enhance it's success.
- Newsask staff will take your current business information and show you where you are prior to year-end. This is a critical management tool in helping you make informed business decisions.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
Contact Community Futures-newsask
Email - none provided
Print this page