The Retiring Farmer™ assists Saskatchewan farm families in the areas of tax planning, retirement planning, and estate distribution. Supported by our professional advisory group, we specialize in reducing taxation on the sale of the family farm and the tax efficient transfer of the farm to the next generation, either during the lifetime of a farmer or through their estate.
The busy lives of farm families can seem further complicated by the necessary involvement of professionals from various disciplines, such as accountants and lawyers, particularly on the farm sale, throughout retirement and the distribution of a farmer's estate. The Retiring Farmer™ provides a comprehensive framework for our team of professionals to create a plan, help coordinate its implementation, and continue to monitor the client family's tax and financial affairs thereafter and through the retirement years.
The Retiring Farmer™ provides focus and strength in the areas of tax minimization, wealth planning and estate planning, including:
- Planning for the tax efficient transfer of the family farm to the next generation;
- Pre-retirement planning for the tax efficient sale of land, farm equipment, inventory and other assets;
- Planning tax efficient business structures for the family farm and other ventures;
- Personal tax and estate planning;
- Financial and retirement planning.
The Retiring Farmer™ not only brings together tax, estate and financial planning, but also tax efficient managed wealth solutions and insurance strategies, all personalized to meet the unique needs and values of each client family.