What are our environmental & geospatial solutions?
Last updated August '11
EnviMatix provides geospatial solutions in remote sensing, GIS, and GPS. Our team has expertise in many industry-standard geospatial software such as ESRI's ArcGIS and ArcView, PCI Geomatica, ITTVIS ENVI, ERDAS Imagine, MapInfo, AutoCAD 2000, AutoCAD Map, GeoMedia Professional, Idrisi, Quantum GIS, and Google Earth. We offer the following geospatial solutions in remote sensing, GIS, and GPS:
* Imagery acquisition - Based on your budget and level of detail needed for your project, we will help you select and acquire satellite imagery at the most appropriate spatial and spectral resolution. We have the expertise to handle and process satellite data (multispectral and panchromatic) from sensors such as 5 & 7, 4 & 5, , , MODIS, and NOAA at various resolutions.
* Image processing - We deliver image processing services such as: i) ortho-rectification and image registration using ground control points or using other high-resolution images; ii) atmospheric correction and histogram-based analysis; iii) combine images at different resolutions (viz. data fusion and pan-sharpening) and creation of mosaics; iv) image classification (pixel-based and sub-pixel level) and image segmentation.
* Image analysis - i) change-detection analysis (spatial and temporal); ii) image overlay and integration with GIS analysis; iii) image-data conversion; iv) image interpretation and resource mapping, v) computation of various spectral indices.
* Hyperspectral remote sensing & analysis - We also have the expertise to process and analyze datasets from AVIRIS and other hyperspectral sensors.
* Data creation, acquisition, & generation - i) acquire geospatial data from public internet domains, commercial vendors, or through field- or mobile-mapping (GPS); ii) creation of geospatial data from scanned CAD drawings and hardcopy maps (toposheets, cadastral maps, soil and geology maps), air-photos, images or satellite data through on-screen digitization; iii) integration of databases or tabular datasets (census and demographic data) with geospatial data.
* Data conversion - Convert data from one format (e.g. .e00, .dxf, .dwg) into many other formats.
* GIS analysis - Multiple attribute querying, spatial statistics, geoprocessing and spatial analysis (both vector and raster) for site location planning, site-suitability analysis, geocoding, network and route analysis, terrain and viewshed analysis.
* Cartography & map making - Thematic cartography, map creation, development and illustration, printing and plotting of large maps, etc. at low costs for use in reports, brochures, and presentations.
* Services - i) acquire geospatial data through field- or mobile-mapping; ii) integration of GPS data with other geospatial datasets in GIS; iii) ground-truthing and collection of ground control points for image registration or for accuracy assessment of image classification.
Our team of experts can provide assistance, logistics and technical support to acquire or create geospatial data, or convert your data (both raster, vector, or CAD files) into many formats required for your project workflow. We have the expertise and tools to convert data from many formats to the type or format you need for your project. Geocoding services, to convert postal code tables to vector data, are also offered.
We provide services and guidance to customize various geospatial software to your needs using Java, C++, Visual Basic, or .NET, Google Maps API, ESRI ArcObjects, Python programing. We can also offer guidance and technical support for configuring computer hardware and geospatial software for your project needs.
We assist with surveying and field-data collection, renting surveying and navigation equipment, consultancy and logistical support for field design and data collection. We can train personnel in the use of GPS, total station, field spectrometers, and LAI meters.
We assist in data analysis (both statistical and spatial), graphing and report generation, map design, and scientific or technical report writing.
We offer ongoing and customized technical support to our clients who have availed software training or purchased software from us.
We are the authorized reseller for many geospatial software and data in the Saskatoon area. We can guide you to select the best geospatial data and software based on your project needs, expertise-level, and budget.
In Saskatoon, we also offer supervision and technical support for student projects at SIAST, Kelsey, and the Univ. of Saskatchewan at low costs. Our interns will have the opportunity to work on our on-going, real-time projects. We also help candidates to prepare for the ESRI Authorized Exam.