The landfill is for the use of R.M., Villages of Pense and Belle Plaine residents ONLY.
- SE 11-18-23 W2
- from Pense:
- North 4½ miles
- West 3 miles
- North 1 mile.
Hours of Operation:
- Effective July 4th, 2009:
- Wednesdays 12 noon – 4 p.m.
- Saturdays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- (Holidays excepted)
The landfill is gated and manned. The landfill supervisor will look over contents and direct garbage to appropriate location:
- clean wood pit (trees)
- general garbage
- metal (appliances, etc.)
The following items are not allowed: chemical containers, grain, dead animals, cement, railway ties, tires, hazardous waste, petroleum by-products, liquid domestic sewage, asphalt shingles, wire of any description, vehicles, house demolition and new house construction garbage.
New development (new house construction) - our landfill is not intended to accommodate large quantities of new house, condo, etc. construction garbage. This type of garbage will not be allowed. The Regina or Moose Jaw landfills are open longer hours to better accommodate these needs. Loraas bins are a good option as well. Fees?
– There are no fees for R.M. ratepayers. Residents of the Villages of Pense and Belle Plaine (including their contractors) who want to haul larger loads of garbage (minor house repair work) to our landfill must obtain a permit. The fee for this type of garbage is:
- 1 ton & under vehicle (including utility trailer) [$ 7.50/load]
- 2 – 3 ton vehicle & over [$ 35.00/load]
- tandem & semi trailers [$150.00/load]