General Services

By: Rural Municipality Of Pense #160  09-12-2011

All costs of services include the applicable taxes. 
  • Commissioner of Oath service provided at no charge to the ratepayers during office hours
  • Photo Copying - $0.20 per copy, $0.10 per copy if paper supplied
  • Tax certificates - $10.00 each (for up to four parcels of land)
  • Tax Information for Mortgages - same as for Tax certificates
  • Zoning Bylaw, Official Community Plan (OCP) - consolidated version - $25.00
  • R.M. maps
    » $11.00 (picked up) or $13.00 (mailed) each
    » Ratepayers receive one map free of charge (per map published)
    » Grid Road - $2.00
    » Division Books - $40.00 + GST + PST
  • Direct Sellers License - $25.00 per year
  • Documents - $10.00 per document; copies of municipal contracts, reports, minutes, etc.
  • Fax service
    » Receiving $1.25 per pages
    » Outgoing - local $1.25 per page, long distance $1.75 per page
  • H.O.M.E. CD - $15.00 (picked up) or $18.00 (mailed)
  • Development Permits
    >> $75.00 for Residential/Agricultural development
    >> $150.00 (for a value of development up to $350,000) for Commercial/Industrial development
    >> $600.00 (for a value of development over $350,000) for Commercial/Industrial development
  • Building Permits
    » Amount MuniCode charges R.M. plus 15% administration fee
    » Minimum $150.00
  • Assessment information/field sheets/property profile sheets
    » Property owners are able to receive one copy of their property profile free of charge (SAMA's Access to Information Bylaw)
    » Property profiles provide to others for $15 per property

Electronic Banking:

Ratepayers can pay tax and utility billings by internet and telephone banking.  Your customer account number is your owner number located above your name and address on your tax notice.  For other invoices (water, gravel) the customer account number is your phone number including your area code.  

Library Cards:

Ratepayers may apply for a library card at the Moose Jaw Public Library (461 Langdon Cres., Moose Jaw) or at the Palliser Regional Library office (366 Coteau Street West, Moose Jaw). Ratepayers can also obtain a SILS (Saskatchewan Information and Library Services) card by visiting any library in Saskatchewan. Two current pieces of ID which verify your legal land description are needed. These SILS cards can be used to borrow material from any library in Saskatchewan.  

Municipal Maps:

Municipal maps are available to the general public at a cost of $11.00 each (if picked up) or $13.00 each (if mailed out).  This includes GST, PST and shipping and handling.Ratepayers are entitled to one municipal map every time a new map is produced (usually every 2 – 4 years).Dust Control Service:
    See Primary Weight Permits:
    See Custom Work:
    See Road Maintenance Agreements:

Pest Control:

Our Pest Control Officer is Grant Peeling, G.W.P. Rodent Products, Moose Jaw, phone: (306)694-8485.

Pest control products for mice and rats are available free of charge to rural ratepayers.  A supply is kept at the municipal office for distribution. Contact the office for information concerning gopher poison.  Gopher poisonmust be preordered and is charged to ratepayers at cost.  The R.M. of Pense became eligible to distribute 2% liquid strychnine gopher poison to agricultural producers in 2008.  We have held a distribution day in early spring for a number of years. This ensures timely pick up of gopher poison and the chance to speak with our pest control officer.

Farm Yard (Rat) Clean Up Program:

This program is funded through the District 8 ADD Board. Funding to a maximum of $500 is available if $750 is spent cleaning up a vacant yard site or old buildings on occupied farms. The aim is to destroy rat harborages. Abandoned buildings should be burnt and buried or torn down and hauled away.

The R.M. is usually eligible for 3 projects a year and are approved on a first come first served basis. Please contact our office for more information.

Weed Control: Our weed inspectors are Devon Parcher, Prairie Eco Systems, and Tom Beingessner, Deangelo Brothers, Regina.  Tom and Devon identify areas in the municipality infested with noxious weeds.  They treat municipal right of ways with herbicide and provide weed notices to property owners whose land contains noxious weeds.  Land owners are required to control noxious weeds on their property.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011

Contact Rural Municipality Of Pense #160


Print this page

Other products and services from Rural Municipality Of Pense #160



The R.M. of Pense municipal map shows each school division’s boundaries within the R.M. There are two school divisions located within the R.M. of Pense boundaries. Prairie Valley School Division No. 208. Prairie South School Division No. 210.


Internet Banking

Bank of Montreal - RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF PENSE NO. 160 – UTILITIES RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF PENSE NO. 160 – TAXES. You can find us in the list of vendors that are authorized to receive payments. For taxes - your owner number located above your name on your tax notice. Receipts will be issued on the date indicated on the cheque. RM of President’s Choice Financial - Pense Rural Mun.



New development (new house construction) - our landfill is not intended to accommodate large quantities of new house, condo, etc. construction garbage. Residents of the Villages of Pense and Belle Plaine who want to haul larger loads of garbage to our landfill must obtain a permit. The landfill supervisor will look over contents and direct garbage to appropriate location.