Services of the Village of Air Ronge Saskatchewan
Village Of Air Ronge
school, local government
| Village of Air Ronge Sevices |
- The Council of the Northern Village of Air Ronge administers the growing community of approximately 1,100 for local government purposes in tax assessment, land administration, municipal services, and regulations.
- The La Ronge Health Centre provides emergency and hospital services to Air Ronge residents.
- Fire protection services are provided by the La Ronge Fire Department, and the La Ronge detachment of the R.C.M.P. provides police protection.
- Commercial / industrial activity includes gas stations, convenience stores, motel, laundromat, tire shop, snowmobile / boat sales, hardware store, auto parts store, dollar store, pawn shop, petroleum depot, hauling and transport, plumbing and heating, fur / general merchandise sales, commercial glass sales, and auto wrecking.
- Also in Air Ronge are a provincial government warehouse, the regional library headquarters, Northlands College's lab, and Sask. Highways maintenance compound.
- Air Ronge, a major destination for north and south flowing passengers and cargo, is served by daily bus service. Highway #2, the major artery north of Prince Albert, runs through Air Ronge and is the major means of access to and from northern Saskatchewan for freight, goods, and visitors to the area. There is a high volume of traffic moving through the community daily.
- Communication services are provided by a weekly newspaper, The Northerner, which provides a source of local news. Daily newspapers from the south are available at newsstands.
- A local station, Missinipi Broadcasting Corperation, provides radio services emcompassing northern Saskatchewan. Other FM Stations provide additional radio services to the area.
- Elementary school facilities are available at Air Ronge's Gordon Denny Community School. The school boasts large classrooms, a spacious gym, a library, and modern play equipment. The school, with its enrolment of approximately 250 students, strives to reflect the multicultural representation of the community. Classes for grades six to twelve are provided on the reserve as well as in La Ronge. Post-Secondary education and university-accredited classes are available through the Northlands College, NORTEP / NORPAC, and the Lac La Ronge Indian Band.
- Employment opportunities are available at the Air Ronge, La Ronge, and Lac La Ronge Indian Band businesses as well as at the local mining companies, construction companies, government agencies, schools, banks, and health care.
- Tourism has become of significant economic benefit in the region. The success is related to the excellent recreational resources of the area, including sport-fishing, hunting, the abundance of wilderness and semi-wilderness areas, and the breath-taking scenery. The opportuntiy to go fishing, camping,hunting, golfing, house-boating, canoeing, or cross-country skiing in one of Canada's most picturesque regions attracts a growing number of tourists every year.
Contact Village Of Air Ronge
Email - none provided
Print this page