How we work
When you are ready to begin using the services of a bookkeeper, it is important to have an understanding of what your responsibilities are to help you get the most out of the relationship. We have designed a list of ideas to help guide you in your understanding about what you need to provide as a business owner to your bookkeeper at Harrop Scott and Associates Ltd.
A few services that we provide include:
1) Weekly, monthly or quarterly bookkeeping
2) Payroll, WSIB, EHT, HST/GST returns (or rebates) and other filings
3) QuickBooks set up & customization of management reports
4) Interim financial reporting & preparation of reconciliation packages for year end accountant
5) Consulting and training for business owners & their administrative staff
6) Documentation of financial policies & procedures and internal controls
7) Tax returns for self-employed individuals & tax planning for corporations
As our client, we expect you to:
- Provide us with all source documents relevant to bookkeeping and tax filings within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide us with original proof of transactions. You need to provide unaltered customer invoices, cheque stubs, deposit books, vendor bills, cheque stubs, bank and credit card statements, government filings, insurance/lease agreements, contracts, and purchase orders. We are unable to work with clients who do not provide these to us.
- Be available to answer questions on a timely basis.
- Bookkeeping proceeds in chronological order. If you give information to the bookkeeper after transactions have been posted, we may need extra time to reverse and repost the transactions.
- Provide us with a clean and relatively quiet on-site office, stocked with standard office supplies and equipment, if we are coming to work at your location.
- Let us know if you would like to implement tax planning, as we are able to support you in this.