Energy Optimization Group Products and Services
Electronics, Battery, battery management
Silicon Standard is dedicated to designing the most perfect portable energy source for each customer’s unique requirements. We have deep expertise in all battery chemistries to meet customer’s requirements of size, shape, weight, power and budget specifications. We specialize in custom development of:
- Battery Management Systems that protect, monitor, manage and charge batteries.
- Super-scale Battery Systems of complex parallel and serial configurations.
- Energy Storage Systems that interface and control the highly integrated high-power electronics and battery systems.
Design - After conferring with customer’s design team, Silicon Standard designers will analyze needs and consult with our engineers on an initial design review. A project manager will be assigned to follow the procedure from concept to delivery. The design process includes:
- Chemistry Selection; we can choose from Li-Ion/Polymer, NiMH, and lead acid.
- Smart battery electronics such as SMBUS, CAN Bus, J-Bus, Fuel Gauges, Battery Management IC programming.
- Plastic and mechanical part design.
- Consultation with engineering.
- Full documentation of design process.
- Multiple battery pack test stations including battery cycles and environmental chambers (temperature and humidity) for complete testing and evaluation of battery systems.
- Full validation capabilities for customers’ solution applications in addition to in-house design process validation.
- Detailed analysis of software, hardware and, environmental requirements for each solution application.
- Fully equipped to test the products before they are integrated into the final application.
- Full testing capabilities to qualify product electrically, mechanically and environmentally.
- Battery capacity temperature shock and cycle life testing.
- High drain current equipment.
- Protection safety circuit custom testing.
- In process controls.
- Regulatory approvals.
- Manufacturing facilities in the United States and Asia.
- Flexible manufacturing system to handle low and high volume production.
- MRP and buffer stock to ensure continuity of supply.
- In-line battery conditioning, Fuel Audition Standard and IC programming.
, battery management
, Smart Battery