Shaping Burlington » News & Media
corporate services, Corporate Services Committee
On 30 August, Shaping Burlington will be presenting the following report to the Budget and Corporate Services Committee suggesting a framework to build on the work already done or in progress, as well as to deal with two of Shape Burlington Report’s recommendations to transform City communications.
- The Shape Burlington Report called for a major transformation of City communications and the City Talk newsletter.
- In particular it was recommended that City Talk not be a primarily a political vehicle, but a corporate information provider.
- While there has been some change in City Talk, we note that the most recent edition is still dominated by political content.
- City Talk‘s was originally intended to be for corporate communication for keeping citizens informed of important matters early in the decision-making process, not political content.
- We understand the vital role of councillors’ political communication.
- We therefore further recommend that
- Councillors be encouraged to communicate political content, but separately from corporate communication. Print and other media should be encouraged.
- The City should review the entire communication process with the objective of transforming city communications in line with the Shape Burlington recommendations.
, Corporate Services Committee
Contact Shape Burlington
Email - none provided
Print this page