The Series 5 Accounts Payable system, basically accumulates your suppliers invoices, manages the generation of checks, generates related reports, provides historic inquiry, and produces distributions that interface to the General Ledger system. It's the application that controls your company's payables with the following functions:
- Record your Vendors' information
- Enter supplier Invoices and/or Employee expenses
- Produce Cash Requirement Reports
- Automatically or selectively mark Vendor Invoices to be paid
- Generate and print Vendor checks
- Manages Check Reconciliation
- Provides analysis of Vendor activity
The Accounts Payable system handles the Payables for a single company. If you have more than one company, then you need only to set up additional Series 5 company systems, one for each. Each A/P company may be interfaced into it's own G/L, or into a corporate G/L system.
When used in conjunction with the Series 5 Professional Invoicing system, expense distributions associated to Vendor Invoices can be flagged to generate chargeable or non-chargeable entries to PI projects.