Improving your homes’ insulation can help reduce your heating and cooling costs while increasing its comfort level.
Thermal insulating material is measured by an R-value which indicates how effective an insulating material is in restricting heat flow. The higher the R-value number, the better the insulation is at preventing heat from escaping or entering. In most parts of Canada R50 or higher is recommended.
Working within your budget, our team of licensed professionals will advise what is necessary to bring the insulation’s R-value to a level that:
- maximizes your energy savings
- increases the comfort level of your home
- helps reduce the cost to heat and cool your home
Your insulation job can include:
- ceiling or attic space
- exterior walls
- basement and basement headers
- crawl spaces
Acting like a blanket, insulation helps to keep heat in during cooler seasons and block it from entering during warmer weather. Insufficient or ineffective insulation may cause wasted energy that can impact both your wallet and the environment.
Today, the materials used in residential insulation are more effective since they:
- use new technology which is able to better restrict heat flow allowing for a higher R-Value
- are less prone to mildew, helping to maintain healthy indoor air quality levels
- last longer since they are more resistant to settling
Older homes can have much less insulation, with lower R-values, than today’s homes, and in some cases, have none at all. Even newer homes may benefit from additional insulation. The complexity of an insulation job depends on your home’s structural attributes.
Sears Installed Home Improvements makes the job simple by:
- ensuring proper installation to help prevent any potential cold spots throughout the home
- ensuring there is adequate ventilation in your attic space prior to insulating, to prevent mold, or the deterioration of the roof deck and shingles from increased humidity in the attic
Why choose Sears Installed Home Improvements?
- Our team of installers is licensed, and made up of experienced professionals who can properly assess your home’s insulation requirements.
- We use Owens Corning PINK™ FIBERGLAS® Insulation, high-quality, 3rd party GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality CertifiedSM
- Canadian-made insulation containing a minimum of 70%* recycled content, the highest in the industry
- Upgrading your attic space with insulation can help reduce your carbon footprint and your heating and cooling costs**
- You can choose from 10 convenient finance options when you use your Sears cards
- You don’t pay until the work is complete. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
*Based on the average recycled glass content in all Owens Corning fiberglass batts, rolls and unbonded loosefill insulation manufactured in Canada.
**Actual savings will vary depending on initial insulation levels, R-Value, the climate in which you live, and occupant activities.