Here’s what’s involved in website optimization:
- Choose the right keywords and keyphrases.. the most crucial factor in the process. In order to attract a customer to your site you need the right keywords. In order to attract more of those targeted customers, you need the keywords that a majority of searchers are using to find your products or services. Also, let’s not forget those precious niche words that most certainly are true customers looking for your particular product or service.
- Place those keywords strategically throughout your site. Customizing each page for particular keywords will broaden your chances of people reaching you in a wider variety of keyphrases.
- Review all the elements of your site such as titles, meta tags, text on graphics etc to help the search engines even more
Now that you’re optimized, it’s time to submit.
This is the first step in the optimization process.
A lot of thought and study goes into choosing keywords that will work best for your business. Here’s how it’s done:
1. We study your business: We want to know your products, what they do, their benefits. We want to know who your customers are and who your competition is.
2. We start a keyword list. We get it all down on paper, as much as we can find.
3. We analyze and research those keywords using state-of-the-art tools that tell us what people are searching for on the major search engines and in what volume. We find out how they are searching. Are they using plural more often or singular versions? We find niche words no one might have though of. You’ll be surprised at what we find.
4. We hone down the list. Purge and study until we come up with a list of keyphrases we believe will work for you.
When this is done, we then start to optimize your site.
A significant issue in search engine marketing is how human-reviewed directories play an important role on a website’s visibility. You can recognize directory listings like Yahoo and Open Directory by noticing the term "Web Site" results rather than "Web Page" results.
Yahoo charge for the privilege of getting listing with them. Once you get listed in a directory, it’s almost impossible to change unless you pay them a fee. This means it’s doubly important to submit it right the first time.
If you have the budget, paid submission programs are a very effective way to get good listings, get lots of traffic and even help with your ranking because it’s a valuable link.
If you’ve ever been tempted to use those automated services that promise to get your site listed in 2,500 search engines, don’t do it. Many of these submission services are blocked by some search engines, and you’ll end up with a lot of unsolicited email from sites that sell your email called FreeForAlls or FFA’s.
The most effective way is to hand submit or let the search engines find you on their own. In fact, get a link from a listed site and you’ll get picked up by the search engine that it’s listed in.
An important part of an online promotion plan is to develop an enhanced directory listing. Yahoo and Open Directory are the 2 most important directories to get listed in. Once you’re listed in any one of these, it’s practically impossible to change how your description is worded. Submitting your site right the first time can mean a great deal to the amount of potential traffic coming to your site.
We research the category your site should be listed in, do a keyword analysis to determine which keywords you should use in your description and more importantly, how well your site is constructed prior to submitting to a directory. It’s also important to ensure your site has no bad links since this may prevent you from getting listed.
Total Cost of Service:
Correct Yahoo! submission for each website is $1125.00 CAN.— GST will be added to all purchases made by Canadian residents!
Paid Directory Listings
The fees below are not SearchWerx fees but rather individual directories and inclusion services.
Yahoo: The most valuable of all directory listings. Yahoo charges a yearly fee which is non-refundable. If your site gets refused, they will give you a reason why and you have a second chance to fix the problem and submit again within a certain period of time. One appeal to request category or description change is allowed.
Yahoo Fees: US $299
An evaluation will be performed prior to quoting for this service to determine your company's suitability for this service.
How does it work?
You simply put down an initial deposit via credit card into the search engine’s account and then bid on the specific keyword terms and phrases that you are interested in. When a user clicks on a link to your web site that has been generated from the keyword phrase that you bid on, you are charged whatever that bid was. And many times it is just 5 cents
This method of promotion is highly effective because it reaches highly targeted potential buyers.
About Yahoo Marketing
Yahoo Marketing is the most effective site offering this service. It can draw the most traffic because of its growing popularity and the alliances it has developed over the years.
If you show up in Yahoo Marketing's top three bids you'll also show up on MSN, Netscape, AltaVista, DirectHit, iWon, AOL Search, Canada.com, DogPile.com Excite.com, Excite.ca, HotBot, and the list goes on.
Minimum US$50 dollars to open an account and minimum 5 cents per bid. Has minimum US$20 monthly spending requirement.
Here's the process of signing up:
About Google AdWords Select
- Choose effective keywords
- Compose descriptions and attach this to appropriate link from the site.
- Start up Yahoo Marketing Account by depositing $50 (preferably with IF Visa number)
- Wait 3-4 days for Yahoo Marketing to approve the terms.
- Once it's up and online, bidding adjustments are done. I usually start at the lowest bid at $.05 then adjust this when it's live.
- Monitor and manage bids. Managing bids is crucial to maintaining a high return on investment. Overspending is easy if you're not watching this account every week. Also, if there are "gaps" in the bids this should be monitored so you don't pay more than you have to for a bid.
Google displays small sponsored ads to the right of search listings. Every time someone does a search that includes your keywords, they see your ad. You pay only when a customer clicks on your ad regardless of how many times it's shown.
Tracking the results:
Each URL used with this campaign will be specially coded at my end . We will see these coded URLS show up in the "referred URLS" portion of the stats.
It’s important to monitor your website traffic for the following reasons:
- Maintains the flow of traffic.
- Your site can get dropped from an engine anytime - this needs to be corrected
- Tweaking a site’s keywords is a key strategy in improving ranks. After several months of monitoring you can clearly see which keywords are doing well and which aren’t. Certain keywords might be bringing you traffic but they might not be bringing in the leads or conversions..
- We monitor your leads diligently. It's important to know where your leads are continually coming from, what keywords they are using and if there's any changes that need some attention.
- Your paid advertising services will continually be tweaked so that your ad spending meets your bottom line - conversions/leads/purchases or however you want your important visitors to perform.
- Knowing how long your visitors stay, where they go and how many are going to your contact page or forms is vitally important.
- The single most important thing that determines your success is your Conversion Rate. SearchWerx understands this concept very well and we want to pass along this information to you to ensure there's a continual flow of Leads or Conversions