SAKOR Technologies’ Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain Dynamometer Test System, winner of the SAE2008 Technical Award for Hybrid Vehicle Testing Technology, is a comprehensive solution for performance, efficiency, and durability testing of all types of hybrid and electric vehicle drivetrains, including:
- Hybrid assist (parallel hybrid)
- Gasoline or diesel/electric (serial hybrid)
- Fully electric vehicles
The system is itself extremely power efficient, since the unit’s AccuDyne AC dynamometer and Hybrid Vehicle Battery Simulator recapture a large percentage of power used, greatly reducing overall power consumption. This can save customers thousands of dollars in operations costs per year.
Modular and Fully Configurable to Specific Customer Requirements
The Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain Dynamometer Test System can be configured to test all aspects of hybrid drivetrain systems, including engine, mechanical and electric component performance. Components can be tested individually, or as fully integrated systems. Examples include:
- Engine testing
- Generator testing and alternator testing
- Battery charge/discharge testing
- Electric motor testing
- Transmission testing
- Entire vehicle drivetrain testing
SAKOR Technologies propertly sizes systems for a customer's particular testing needs - we never try to sell more than is required.
Communicates with Intelligent Controllers
The Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain Dynamometer Test System can control the entire testing process by communicating directly with integrated controllers via CAN bus or other vehicle network. Examples include:
- Engine control unit (ECU)
- Transmission controllers
- Battery charging systems
- Bus charging units and inverters
Equipped with Top Notch Data Acquisition and Control Software
The Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain Dynamometer Test System is powered by DynoLAB™ EM, Sakor Technologies’ modular data acquisition and test cell control system optimized for electric powertrain testing. DynoLAB EM:
- Can run a wide variety of road load testing and simulations
- Uses industry standard, readily available hardware components
- Is completely user-configurable
- Is designed for testing to all international standards, including existing and proposed IEEE, EPA, CARB, and Euro standards
Educational Version of Hybrid Power Test System Now Available
SAKOR Technologies recently introduced a specially designed educational version of its Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain Dynamometer Test System, for use in a small laboratory environment. This tabletop version:
- Gives students a complete understanding of the operations of all components of an electric or hybrid vehicle at a greatly reduced cost.
- Comes in 10 to 20 kW versions.
- Does limited testing and experimentation on high voltage battery technology. Optional battery simulator facilitates more expanded battery technology testing.