SAITSA HEALTH & DENTAL
NN117, Senator Burns Building
P: 403 284 8610 F: 403 284 7252
All eligible full-time SAITSA students* entering the fall or winter semester in regular day certificate, diploma and applied degree programs are automatically enrolled in the Student Health and Dental Plans upon registering at SAIT. A selection of the benefits available is listed below. For more information on the plan and benefits please visit the Student Benefits Plan office.
*Ineligible students include those on work-term and students enrolled in Continuing Education Programs. Other course exceptions may apply, contact the Student Benefits Plan Office for details.
- Prescription drugs based on the National Formulary with a generic rider
- Vision coverage
- Paramedical Expenses (chiropractor, naturopath, physiotherapy and registered massage therapy)
- Emergency Travel Insurance with TravelAssist
- Tuition, Tutorial and Accidental Death Insurance
- Annual exam and basic cleaning
- Minor restorative (e.g. fillings)
- Oral surgery (extractions)
Can I Add My Family to the Plan?
You may purchase coverage for your spouse and/or dependents by completing an application at the Student Benefits Plan office and paying the additional premium before the specified deadline (see below).
Am I Eligible to Opt Out of the Plan?
Any student who has comparable health and/or dental coverage either with their parents, spouse or on their own may opt out of the plan.
How Do I Opt Out of the Plan?
- Show confirmation of comparable health and/or dental coverage (this does not include Alberta Health Care or any other basic provincial coverage). Confirmation of coverage can be a copy of your insurance benefit card (eg.Blue Cross, Sunlife) or a letter from your insurance company confirming coverage.
- Submit the waiver to the Student Benefits Plan office before the specified deadline (see below).
Opt-Out, Opt-In & Add-On Deadlines
Opt-Out Waivers, Opt-In Forms and Family Add On Applications MUST be received by Friday, September 23, 2011 by 4pm. The deadline for NEW Winter Semester Students (not eligible for benefits in the Fall) is Friday, January 27, 2012, by 4pm.
Note: You must waive the plan before the opt-out deadline. You only have one chance to opt-out per academic year. For example, if you started school in the fall of 2011, your only chance to waive the plan is by the fall 2011 deadline. If you miss the deadline, your next opportunity to opt out is in the fall of 2012.