RMC utilizes two specialized ENDURA-FLEX® liquid polyurethane spray on coatings tailored for secondary containment in oilfield, industrial and municipal applications to capture and contain releases and spills, facilitate timely cleanup and prevent leakage into environmentally sensitive substrates.
ENDURA-FLEX® is a liquid polyurethane spray on coating that is solvent-free, 100 percent solids and a perfect solution for today's environmental problems. The solventless Polyurethane elastomers are engineered to "mold a coating in place" rather than plastic products which may not conform to the substrate and can stress the liner. RMC standard coating is 100 mils thick, however custom thicknesses can be created (with a one coat application). ENDURA-FLEX® cures quickly allowing for rapid completion of projects.
ENDURA-FLEX® is unrivalled in strength, durability, impact tolerance, chemical resistance, fast curing and superior elastomeric qualities.
The ENDURA-FLEX® products EF-1988, EF-1990 and RBU are specifically designed to be used in endless applications and applied directly to most substrates with superior containment results. These tough, seamless, non-stressed films effectively protect the environment from accidental releases and hazardous materials, as well as protecting metals from corrosion, ground surfaces from erosion. They can be applied as primary or secondary containment.
Two unique and significant qualities that separate ENDURA-FLEX®from other products:
- Ecosystem Expansion System
Our ability to provide 100% pin hole free containment is a result of using a patented application process called ECOSYSTEM. This process expands the liquid polyurethane by infusing it with inert gas during the application. Expanding the product is very cost effective for clients and guarantees coverage. Thickness of application depends on the needs and may vary from less than 40 mils and up to 300 mils. RMC is the only Canadian company licensed to use these products and the advanced patented application process.
- The ET-2000 Process
The ET-2000 is a special application process that allows injection of controlled amounts of solid filler components (such as sand, ground rubber and ground glass) into the cross-linking materials to form an instantaneous high density coating for areas that require a high compressive strength (impact resistance), such as drum storage, forklift, vehicular/heavy equipment traffic and for areas that require a slip resistant surface. The injection of solid fillers creates a coating that exceeds the density of standard solid resin material.
EF-1990, EF-1988 and RBU Product Benefits:
- RMC’s superior product and professional application is recognized by the Energy Resources Conservation Board as an industry leader.
- Cost Effective
- These durable, chemically resistant, easily cleaned and repaired products provide up to 20 years of trouble free containment. This is the best long term and cost effective option compared to products that may fail or need to be replaced often.
- Economical Spill Clean-Up & Easy Repair
- Durable coatings facilitate simple clean up by washing with pressure washers and removing spilled materials with vacuum trucks. This saves considerable time and money when compared with alternate liners that may require sand (and substrate) removal and remediation as well as installation of a new liner.
- Most repairs can be done quickly and effectively utilitizing a ”hand pour” method or RMC’s technologically advanced portable repair gun. Repair procedures for other projects can be extensive and unsatisfactory.
- Excellent Corrosion, Abrasion, Chemical & UV Resistance
- The superior durability of ENDURA-FLEX®will outlast and out perform HDPE and other polyurethane products by resisting all oils, most solvents, caustics and acids.
- ENDURA-FLEX® products are UV resistance and will not break down with exposure to sun and extreme environments whereas others may deteriorate.
- High Cohesive Strength
- ENDURA-FLEX® products have superior elastomeric and cohesive strength properties that create a more durable coating. These coatings withstand temperature fluctuations, substrate movement and high traffic volumes when other products may fail by fracturing or deteriorating.
- Ideal for high traffic areas – by injecting sand (ET 2000) and creating a custom thickness with a one coat application.
- Direct Application to Substrates
- Only spray on products can be applied directly to substrates to coat, contain and protect. Alternative products are unable to adhere directly to substrates and may not guarantee containment.
- Year Round Application - Cold Temperatures (-20c)
- ENDURA-FLEX® has been formulated for application in low temperatures whereas HDPE liners may crack or break during installations in cold temperatures.
- Efficient Application - 10,000 sq.ft. per day
- State of the art equipment and quality product outperforms alternative containment installation methods.
- Fast Curing Time - Reduces Impact to Project Timelines
- ENDURA-FLEX®is one of the fastest curing polyurethane spray on coatings.
- Product sets in 15 seconds; dries in 20 minutes; completely cures in 24 hours.
- Faster set times improves project scheduling without compromising site and personnel safety.
- Slip Resistant Coating
- RMC can apply a slip resistant coating to enhance project safety and durability.
ENDURA-FLEX® is Tailored to Meet Today’s Environmental Needs! Experience, quality service, attention to safety and detail with a commitment to meet clients' needs ensures that this superior product will create innovative and satisfactory solutions for each customer. We work with you to get superior results!
General Applications for ENDURA-FLEX® Products
|Oilfield ||Industrial ||Municipal |
|Tank farms ||Water treatment facilities ||Sewage treatment |
|Containment ponds ||Hazardous waste storage ||Special aquatic projects |
|Barrel docks ||Chemical storage sites ||Water treatment facilities |
|Compressors ||Waste water treatment ||Potable water containment |
|Well heads/Pump jacks ||Pipe coatings ||Irrigation canals |
(EF-1988) is a liquid polyurethane spray-on coating designed specifically for use in gaseous or liquid phase exposures found in water and waste water vessels. EF-1988 is more rigid than EF-1990 and can be used in H2S atmospheres. EF 1988 can be applied to concrete or steel and used for potable water, sedimentation/aeration basins, and chlorine contact.
ENDURA-FLEX® Reaction Bonded Urethane (RBU)