Couples in Recovery, Counselling
Couples counselling is a means of seeking out problems and conflicts that have not been effectively resolve on their own. This unique counselling program is primarily designed for couples who are both in recovery.
- We will explore the many pitfalls and difficulties found in relationships based in dual recovery
- We will look at the importance of separate recovery plans and how to bring it all together
- We will examine how we communicate in our romantic relationships and how communication is important for both recovery and a long lasting relationship Service fee: $125.00/hr
Individual counseling is a very powerful tool that can be used to understand and change long-standing patterns and behaviors. We provide a professional, private and secure environment that allows us to develop a working relationship quickly.
Individual Counselling includes:
Service fee: $115.00/hr
- Clinical assessments and referrals
- Recovery planning /12 step work
- Addressing difficult life issues such as, assault, and relationships
Group counselling is without a doubt the most valuable and productive form of treatment for addictions. Thoughts and feelings that previously seemed overwhelming, frightening and even confusing are explored and managed in a group setting that is both dynamic and interactive. As a result our clients develop the tools they need to help facilitate change.
- Relapse prevention
- Issues in day-to-day living
- Family and job related issues
Men’s group is on Thursday evenings, co-ed groups are on Monday and Wednesday evenings. If interested, please call Pat Delahunty or Tim Higgins at 613 721-8000 or 1 877 721-8055.
The dynamic created through group counseling is deeply bonding and supportive; continuity is extremely important, therefore, participants are asked to commit to a minimum of six months participation.
Service fee: $25.00/session (Paid in 1 or 3-month installments)
A critical service that is becoming increasingly important, this program was designed to help families understand the dynamics of addiction and empower them when a family member or close friend needs help. Completed over several weeks, it allows families to work at their own pace as we provide awareness, education and counselling. During the course of this service, families prepare themselves so they can reveal to their loved ones on how this disease has affected their lives and who they have become because of it. Interventions are conducted with love and empathy, not anger and aggression. Many families experience great relief and optimism after going through the process. At Revitalize Lives, we support families and give them hope that an intervention is a means to an end of a chaotic and distrustful lifestyle.
Service fee: $155.00/hr
- Detect troubled employees and what to do once they are identified
- Improve your communication with teenagers and engage in meaningful dialogue
- Learn what you can do to help a loved one who is abusing drugs and alcohol
- Family dynamics and how to avoid the trap of enabling an addicted family member
Service fee: determined through consultation process
Family four-day Intensive programme
This is an intense four-day programme for friends and family members to examine their personal behaviour patterns and how they play a part in the addictive cycle. This family disease, effects the behaviours of those closest to the addict and allows them to cope with the chaos. Participants come to understand how the disease of addiction has had an impact on their lives.
Time is spent looking at:
- Understanding the complexity of addiction
- Considering how personal behaviours affect intimate and family relationships
- Recognizing your own dysfunctional behaviours
- Developing new ways of coping without getting drawn back in to the cycle
- Feeling good about one’s self and moving towards a healthier lifestyle
- Establishing a support network in the community.
Stabilization is a unique holistic approach for helping addicts recuperate from relapse and/or prepare for going into treatment. Offered as a day programme with 24-hour supervision, Revitalize Lives ensures that its clients receive the support needed to get back on track.
The programme consists of the following steps:
- Stabilization with vitamins and minerals
- Individual counselling, and recovery planning
- Custom designed assignments for treatment preparation and relapse prevention
- Introduction to self-help groups such as AA or NA.
- Client support during reintegration to jobs and/or relationships.
Help Is Just A Phone Call Away
For a free and confidential consultation, call us at (613) 721-8000 or toll-free at 1-(877) 721-8055