Positive parent-teenage relationship
Montreal Art Therapy
adolescence and art therapy, Art therapist Brossard, art therapist laval,
If you are a parent of a teenager, there is a high chance that the following scenarios are familiar to you:
- When your teenager gives you attitude over everything!
- When your teenager is in constant battle with you and refuses to do what you ask
- When you lose count of the number of times that your teenager says, “You don’t get it”!
- When you walk on eggshells around him/her only to reduce screams, cries, and door slamming.
Our behavioral therapists in Montreal suggest the following tips to improve parent-teen relationships:
- Don’t take their insults personally; this will allow you to remain calm, think rationally, and respond accordingly.
- Set proper boundaries and respect boundaries; boundaries that are too loose or too rigid are problematic in nature. Re-evaluate the boundaries as your kid becomes a teenager.
- Make your expectations clear. Don’t expect that your teenager should know better. Teenagers act like they know it all! But the reality is that they don’t.
- Praise their right acts! Behind every angry teenager lies a kid, who is struggling with self-confidence. While they will never admit to it, they long their parents’ attention, approval, and admiration.
Book a session with our behavioral therapists in Montreal or West Island to learn more about what you can do to better your relationship with your teenage son or daughter.
Visit our website at www.montrealarttherapy.com for contact information and working hours.
adolescence and art therapy
, Art therapist Brossard
, art therapist laval
, art therapist montreal
, Art Therapist West Island
, Behavioral therapist Montreal
, Behavioral therapist West Island, Therapy for families, parent-teenage relationship