MCG designed, developed and deployed a province-wide platform for the process management of all telemedicine related computing requests and the real-time archival medical video bank.
This showcase implements and evaluates an open platform for telemedicine in preparation for its deployment throughout Québec. It currently is piloted with teledermatology (asynchronous data transfer) and tele-cardiology (synchronous) applications. .
- Standardize telemedicine practices while preserving flexibility
- Facilitate interoperability among existing solutions
- Reliably archive all relevant data (including multimedia and all accesses and changes
- Minimize manual interventions
- Manage integration to other clinical systems (ADT, EPRs..)
- Provide Education and Research with quality, valid data.
Numerous actors collaborate closely to achieve this project:
- le ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
- le ministère de Développement économique régional
- Sainte-Justine Hospital partner regional care centers
- Medical Computing Group Inc. (then known as "Tekflow M.I.S. Technologies Inc.")
Project launched in 2001, currently in its final pilot phase. Québec Health Ministry preparing for province-wide deployment.