Established in 1996, Veritas IRB is an experienced and transparent Independent Review Board (IRB) committed to ensuring the safety and rights of research participants, the unbiased supervision of studies, and the conduct of research according to the highest standards of ethical and clinical practice.
Veritas IRB operates and is managed as a non-profit division of ethica Clinical Research Inc. and all surpluses arising from its services are re-invested into research ethics and research participant protection initiatives.
Veritas IRB is the only Canadian-based IRB to be fully-accredited by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP). Working with an AAHRPP-accredited IRB provides research organizations with many benefits, including:
- Reliable, credible, high-quality data resulting from continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Reduction or elimination of delays and confusion as a result of better record-keeping and highly efficient operations
- Elimination of costly shutdowns, duplicative inspections, and misinterpretation of regulations
- Increased public trust in research overseen by accredited organizations that give priority to the well-being of research participants
Veritas IRB abides by the following guiding ethical principles:
- Bring more good than harm
- Ensure scientific validity and pertinence
- Respect individual autonomy
- Respect vulnerable persons
- Respect the principle of justice
- Ensure the non-commodification of the human body
- Respect privacy and confidentiality