Our team of research professionals and consultants, as well as members of the Veritas IRB, can assist you with the development of innovative study designs and procedures by providing you with an initial ethics feasibility assessment. Feasibility assessments are very useful as they allow you to benefit from the insight of the IRB at the development stage of your study protocol. As a result of the feasibility assessment process you also obtain valuable information on how to develop a protocol in accordance with applicable research ethics requirements such as minimizing risks of harm and maximizing benefits, respecting research participants’ autonomy, and protecting their privacy and confidentiality.
Veritas IRB has conducted feasibility assessments involving, for example:
- Conduct of clinical trials in emerging countries
- Retrospective use of stored tissue samples
- Recruitment of employees for research purposes
- Innovative placebo-controlled trials
- Clinical trials involving alternative medicine procedures