Businesses running SAP applications are regularly challenged to keep pace with an exploding volume of application changes and system updates. Typically, change identification and impact analysis are manual processes that are expensive in terms of time and resources, resulting in the organization taking on unnecessary risk by implementing untested or under-tested application changes.
Certify Impact is an automated risk-based testing solution that provides a comprehensive, yet cost-effective approach for validating the contents of SAP Transports on a daily basis and assessing their impact. Designed to identify, recommend, and execute end-to-end business process tests, Certify Impact analyzes each set of proposed SAP application changes to determine their effect on critical business processes.
How does it work? Certify Impact uses SAP Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA) for deep impact inspection and transport change analysis to determine which key business processes will be affected. Then, Live Impact prescribes a relevant set of Worksoft Certify® business process validation tests that will minimize the risk of errors due to the pending SAP changes
- Automatic discovery of SAP transports based on user selection criteria including transport number(s), owner, description or date range.
- Deep transport analysis, using SAP BPCA, which automatically identifies impacted transactions and programs.
- Identification of end-to-end business process tests that should be executed based on impact analysis.
- Automated execution of business process tests using Worksoft Certify® including user notifications for test execution results.
- Automated creation and modification of Technical Bill of Materials (TBOMs) for BPCA including the assignment to respective business process steps in the blueprints.
- Identifies unintended impact to business process based on changed objects.
- Determines impact of staged changes by comprehensively analyzing multiple transports, related transactions and the underlying SAP objects using SAP BPCA.
- Complements normal regression, functional, and performance testing to ensure a consistent validation process.
- Documents end-to-end business process validation – both execution steps and test results, thereby aiding in compliance and audit initiatives.
Certify Impact is a key product in the Worksoft lifecycle management suite that enables comprehensive, lights-out business process validation for SAP applications. Bottom line, Certify Impact provides the confidence and assurance required to deliver new SAP functionality faster and with higher quality - resulting in reduced risk in ongoing SAP operations and a material improvement in business agility.
Certify Impact may be run with all SAP applications and SAP Transports that utilize the ABAP technology stack.