Never before have global companies been so exposed to market price volatility and the risks associated with it. In an environment where price fluctuations bear little discernible relationship to business fundamentals, profits can be wiped out in the blink of an eye and business models can be destroyed. More than ever, Canadian corporations are exposed to a myriad of risks currency, input costs, interest rate -- that may negatively affect and undermine the profitability of their businesses. The business landscape is littered with the remains of companies that failed to manage risk appropriately.
While most companies acknowledge the risks involved in doing business globally, the positive impact that risk management can have on competitiveness is less often recognized. The ability to effectively work across borders while avoiding currency-, input cost-, or interest rate- related losses can expand a companys reach and increase profits substantially. A robust trading framework can provide a solid foundation for business success while positively differentiating a company from its competitors.
Licensed to transact in virtually all exchange-traded risk management products, the BHB Group is one of the only investment groups in the Montreal retail brokerage community that is trained to provide its clients with risk management solutions and advise them on strategies that help to manage the risks associated with their businesses.
Clients that use our risk management services include:
- Canadian importers/exporters that are affected by currency fluctuations
- Jewelry manufacturers that are affected by rising prices of precious metals
- Transportation businesses that are affected by rising energy costs
- Farmers that are affected by fluctuating crop prices
- Food processors that are affected fluctuating food prices
- Companies that have known future borrowing needs and are worried about rising rates increasing their interest expense