|July 2005 |
|May 2005 |
|February 2005 |
|December 2004 |
|December 2004 |
|September 2004 |
|July 2004 |
|June 2004 |
|February 2004 |
|October 2003 |
|August 2003 |
|July 2003 |
|April 2003 |
|February 2003 |
|February 2003 |
What's New in HelpDesk v3.40
What's New in Enterprise v3.10
What's New in Remote Control v2.90
What's New in Enterprise v3.00
What's New in Enterprise HelpDesk v3.00
What's New in PC-Duo Enterprise Portal v1.00
What's New in Remote Control v2.86
What's New in Enterprise v2.30
What's New in Remote Control v2.85
What's New in Enterprise Console incl. Inventory, Distribution, Metering v2.10
What's New in Remote Contol v2.81
What's New in HelpDesk Issue Tracking v2.10
What's New in Remote Control v2.80
What's New in Inventory Management v2.00
A major improvement of bus device reporting means PC-Duo Enterprise can detect and report the following:
- SCSI, PCI, IDE, PCMCIA
- USB, IR, ISA, 1394 (FireWire)
- Port list
- Modems list
- Other drives list, Remote drives list
- BIOS Information
What's New in Enterprise Diagnostics v2.20
Improved Integration with PC-Duo Enterprise
- Diagnostics runs in the same Console as the other PC-Duo Enterprise modules.
- Both fixed and dynamic PC-Duo Enterprise groups are available in the Diagnostics Console, allowing you to audit and protect computers on a group-by-group basis.
- Diagnostics uses the PC-Duo Enterprise licensing mechanism.
Self-healing reduces support calls and increases user productivity by guaranteeing the availability of critical applications. Self-healing automatically detects and fixes common application problems, before users are even aware of the problems.
For example, if a user somehow overwrites a key application DLL with an older version (perhaps by installing a non-critical application), self-healing automatically restores the required DLL. The user never has to call the help desk.
You implement self-healing for protected applications with repair jobs. Repair jobs are scheduled audits that automatically fix any problems they detect.
Notifications let you see at a glance whether your jobs found or fixed any problems. Notifications are posted to the Diagnostics when a job detects problems, fixes problems, or cannot fix some problems. For example, if a self-healing repair job fixes some problems, the job posts a "Fixed problems" notification.
- Directly from the Console, protect and audit multiple computers, domains, and groups.
- Delete items from audit reports, both when viewing an individual report and when comparing two audit reports (when comparing, deleting items allows you to eliminate clutter).
- Build profiles for specific versions of Windows by setting the Operating System preference; the profile can be used only on the supported versions.
- Configure Diagnostic Agents on a computer-by-computer basis, directly from the Console. Prevent users from changing agent settings.
- Protect large trees of registry keys and values by protecting a single root key and setting its Repair Scope attribute to "All Descendants".
What's New in HelpDesk Issue Tracking v2.00
- Quickly brand all your Web views by editing a single CSS styleshee
- Enterprise HelpDesk now supports a two-server configuration. You can separate the Web application from the database by installing components on two separate servers: a Web server and a database server.
- Use ad-hoc queries to determine report contents; for example, use ad-hoc queries to define a date range and then generate a report for all issues in that date range
- HTML-based reporting for customers who don't want to buy a Crystal Reports license
- Evaluate rules either when an issue is saved or when a field changes
- Control the order in which rules are applied
User Account Management
- Easy to use filter for finding users
- Search for names starting with a string, or containing a string
- Setup program can upgrade Enterprise HelpDesk v1.2 to v2.0
- You can test your SMTP settings from within HelpDesk Admin
- Support for Netscape 7
- Web views support v1.4 of the Java Plug-in from Sun in Internet Explorer
- Improved performance when there are large numbers of contacts or issues
- New lightweight calendar for date fields
- Users can add a second attachment field to a project
- Expanded Administrator's Guide include information on planning, implementing, customizing, and maintaining a help desk system