Every day our industry accelerates its migration from a traditional broadcast model to a more flexible, efficient IP-based workflow. Productivity demands it — and new revenue is reliant on it. Adding new services without driving operating expenses through the ceiling is key.
Enter Selenio™ — an all-new approach to signal processing and compression in this converging baseband/broadband arena. With Selenio, Harris has introduced the industry’s first integrated media convergence platform.
An evolution in platform. A revolution in what you can do.
The Selenio media convergence platform combines baseband video and audio processing, compression and IP networking features — all in a single 3RU frame. Its second-to-none flexibility makes it ideal for any fixed or mobile production environment, broadcast facility or digital terrestrial redistribution head end (DVB-T/T2, ATSC, M/H), as well as cable, satellite and IPTV head ends.
Selenio fits into your existing infrastructure — no need to change anything. At the same time, it provides an on-ramp to the IP world, which you can access at your own pace.
With Selenio, you get all the functionality you need to run your business today — and a prudent, cost-effective growth path to whatever is on your horizon.
How can Selenio help your business?
Deliver New Services and
Drive New Revenue Growth
Minimize Investment Risk and
Future-Proof Your Architecture
Improve Operational Efficiency
and Reduce Total Cost of Ownership
- Rapid deployment of new services/capabilities — Without replacing infrastructure
- Drive new revenue without driving up costs — Convergence of baseband/IP in single platform
- Maximum flexibility today and tomorrow — Unique modular infrastructure
- Infinite revenue-generating possibilities — HD, 3D, mobile, web, surround sound
- Scalable, space-saving solution — Unmatched density, compact footprint
- Cost-effective evolution path — With no disruption to bottom line
- Safe investment — Based on industry-proven Harris technology
- Maximum reliability — No single point of failure, no downtime
- Lowest total cost of ownership — Minimizes costs of initial outlay, installation, maintenance and upgrades
- Effortless configuration and troubleshooting — Intuitive, web-based GUI
- Easy deployment — Simplified, space-saving architecture
- Truly green solution — Low energy usage (80 Plus Gold-certified)