Who is a candidate?
The BBL is effective and secure on most types of skin, including dark skins(except type VI skin). More effective on dark hairs - the fair, grey or white hairs contain little melanin, thus few results. We can treat any region of the body.
BBL’s hair removal advantages
- Process a large surface quickly.
- Certain customers describe the sensation as a pinching out rubber band.
- Weak risk of side effects.
- Temporary reduction of all the types of hairs.
- Delay for the regrowth.
- Permanent reduction of the pilosity for the majority
Hair removal - How does it work?
Based on the theory of the selective photothermolyse:
- The targeted chromophore is the melanin.
- The melanin is present in the hair.
- We also find melanin in the first third of the follicular epithelium.
- The heat is absorbed by the hair and is spread up to the follicle, which is damaged there
Hair removal What’s a permanent reduction of hairs?
The growth of hairs includes 3 phases:
- Anagène (active)
- Catagène ( regressive)
- Télogène ( rest)
The duration of a complete cycle of growth of a hair depends on the region of the body and can last between 4 to 12 months. The reduction of hairs is considered permanent when a significant quantity of hairs does not return for a period of time bigger than a complete cycle of growth
Growth cycles of the hair
There are no two persons alikes. We cannot always foresee the results. Certain persons answer very well while the others answer in no way.
Several treatments can be necessary:
- Generally, from 3to5 treatments are necessary.
- For darker types ( IV-V), 6-10 treatments are several times necessary because lower fluence must be used.
Before the treatment
- No wax, tweezers or electrolysis 6 weeks before the treatment.
- It is allowed to shave, to cut or to use a depilatory cream (Nair, Neet).
- Do not sun tan the area that is to be treated for 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid using any self tanning lotion in the 2 weeks before the procedure.
- Medications such as Acutane should have been stopped 6 months before the session with the agreement of your physician.
- Medicines such as aspirin and its by-products must have been stopped at least 10 days before the session with the agreement of your physician.
The region to be treated will be photographed before and after the session.
What to do with hairs after the hair removal
Hairs can set until 3 weeks before skinning the follicle.
The customers can shave, cut or use a depilatory cream on the regrowth between the sessions.
Attention: no wax, no sugar, tweezers or electrolysis between the sessions.
With every treatment hairs are going to get thinner