Clinique Churchill | Services: Learning and Language Disabilities: Evaluation and treatment of reading and speech difficulties, dyslexia, dysorthography, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dysphasia, dyspraxia
An interdisciplinary team
We are an interdisciplinary team of experienced professionals collaborating together under one roof.
Working closely together we are able to provide complete and coordinated services to school-aged children,
adolescents, and young adults with learning and language disabilities.
- Speech Language Pathologist: a language and communication disorder specialist,
identifies the type(s) of language disorder, makes recommendations and puts forth
an appropriate treatment plan for the student.
- Neuropsychologist: a specialist in cognitive functions (memory, attention, etc.),
determines the type of learning disability and identifies specific strengths of the child.
- Resource Teacher: employs teaching strategies tailored to the student’s
particular academic difficulties, serves as a liaison between school resources, parents
and the treatment plan.
- Clinical Psychologist: assesses and treats affective disorders
and mood disorders (anxiety, adjustment difficulties, social difficulties).
Different possibilities of support and/or intervention adapted to your needs
- Individual or small group therapy
- Intervention plan
- Practical recommendations personalised to the individual and his/her academic needs
- Assistive equipment (e.g. laptop computer, specialized software, peripherals, concrete and adapted memory aids)
- Consultation in schools
- Training workshops and supervision for parents, teachers or other professionals
- Instruction and information provided to parents
- School waivers