Add Oil Detection Unit
This unique piece of technology is designed to let you know when you need to add oil to your engine, without entering the engine compartment.
Don't depend upon the oil light to come on to know when to add oil to your engine. This is a low pressure light which means you are out of oil. Continued use of the engine will cause serious and expensive damage.
The test unit uses a probe to sniff for fluids.
Upon the detection of fluid, a signal is transmitted to the pilot station, notifying the operator that the fluid level is within specified parameters.
- Consider the sense of comfort knowing that the oil level is always correct prior to starting your engine.
- That damage and costly repairs won't occur due to an overlooked obligation.
- This information can be transmitted to you, in the cockpit or any other location, with a turn of the ignition key.
- The unit fits any engine, which uses a dipstick to check its oil level.
- It works like a dipstick with no mechanical parts entering the engine, thus no risk of damage to the engine.
- It installs without any modifications to the engine and can be done within minutes.
- This system is self-checking and carries a 2-year warranty. Simply return the test unit and proof of purchase. We'll gladly send you a replacement
(provided the test unit has not been tampered with).
- The unit consumes 12 Volt DC 15 amps.
LDL-7A: An automatic system which checks for the correct oil level, prior to engine start.
LDL-7M: A basic system which has a user-operated, dash-mounted toggle switch to confirm the correct oil level, prior to engine start.
Our Basic kit includes the following.
- A Standard Probe (34 inches or 86.4 cm)or Long Probe (70 inches or 177.8 cm)
- The Probe to Test Unit connecting hose (10 feet or 3.1 meters)
- Test unit to Pilot station electrical cable (30 feet or 9.1meters)
- Toggle or power switch
- Indicator lamp
- Fuse holder and 15 amp. fuse
- Dipstick guide boot (8mm & 11mm ID)
- Wiring to connect to the electrical fuse box
- Installation & Operating guide included
You are required to make the final adjustment to match your dipstick add oil mark. Or give us the distance from the top of the dipstick guide to the add oil mark on your dipstick, and we'll adjust the probe to fit.
If anything beyond the standard unit is required, then a custom order can be assembled and a price quote will be forwarded to you. In order to make a custom order we need the following information.
- The distance from the top of the dipstick guide to the add oil mark on your dipstick, and we'll adjust the probe to fit.
- Distance from your engine/void space to the mounting point for the test unit.
- The amount of electrical cable required to link all pilot stations to the test unit.
- Cable run distance from lamp/power switch to fuse box.
- The number of stations required.
- The outer diameter of the Dipstick guide.
- LDL-7A Standard Probe $390.21 USD (includes shipping & handling)
- LDL-7A-Long Probe $399.02 USD (includes shipping & handling)
- LDL-7M Standard Probe $333.64 USD (includes shipping & handling)
- LDL-7M-Long Probe $342.46 USD (includes shipping & handling)
- Bilgecheck $384.76 USD (includes shipping & handling)
These prices are for Continental North America only. If you are outside of North America, please contact us. These prices do not include applicable taxes.