by Monique Briere Program Description
Art Image is a series of six kits providing art educators with a comprehensive approach that contributes to the creation, understanding, and appreciation of art. The works of important artists are explored through developmentally appropriate themes. Lesson plans provided for each grade offer practical questioning strategies that help create a classroom climate for small or large group discussions.
Use this outstanding collection of prints to:
- Implement an art appreciation program
- Enrich and expand an existing visual art program or use as a basic art program
- Promote creative expression
- Develop art literacy
- Foster a lifelong appreciation of art
- Enhance lessons in humanities, social studies, language arts and art appreciation at all grade levels
The Guide in each kit offers 15 theme-based activities integrating art history, aesthetics, criticism, production, questioning strategies, art vocabulary and artists' biographies.
Each Art Image Kit includes:
- 27 museum quality Fine Art Reproductions, 18" x 22 3/4" (45.8 cm x 56.5 cm)
- A Teacher's Guide
- A sturdy corrugated plastic carrying case.