Description - early
Art Image Publications
art reproductions, Fine Art Reproductions, Art Images
By Christine Thompson Program Description
Art Image Early Years is an art-based program developed in accordance with the principles of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education programs. It is designed to introduce young learners to artists and the images they create. The material emphasizes connections between children’s concerns and experiences and those which artists in various times and places explored in their work.
- Presents ways of introducing children to art images using focus questions that encourage exploration;
- Encourages children to use their imagination to understand why artists create the pieces they do;
- Elicits descriptive and metaphoric language;
- Allows for exploration of concepts, experimentation, and utilization of art production skills, using different media and techniques in both two-dimensional and three-dimensional forms;
- Offers recommendations for assessing and monitoring children's artistic growth and learning;
- Includes a listing of related, multidisciplinary activities, further avenues for exploration, and possible extensions into the early childhood curriculum;
- Fosters cooperative learning.
Program offer sets of five prints, organized around themes relevant to students’ lives:
- Shapes, Colors, and Stories
- Animals in the Wild
- Portraits Are Images of People
- Children Together
- Pets Are Part of Our Lives
- Memories and Dreams
Each kit includes :
- 5 Fine Art Reproductions 18 " x 22 ¾ " (45.8 cm X 56.5 cm)
- Teachers Guide with a year's worth of well-structured activities adapted to different groups and levels.
- Packaged in a plastic storage portfolio.
, art reproductions
, Fine Art Reproductions
, Plastic Storage
, Program Description