Current industry guidelines and requirements are strict
and getting stricter. Protect your patients and reputation
with deeper criminal background investigations for
physicians and other professionals you work with.
Effects can be devastating
Today's healthcare organizations typically
exercise great diligence in verifying the
academic credentials and relevant experience
of their physicians and allied health professionals
before these individuals begin work.
This scrutiny is well founded, since their
patients' health and even survival depend on
rapid and accurate decisions by caregivers.
Unfortunately, healthcare organizations are
not always as diligent in checking the
criminal backgrounds of those healthcare
professionals. Such an oversight can have
devastating financial effects on healthcare
organizations and fatal results for patients.
Why conduct criminal background checks?
Although the number of practicing physicians
and allied health professionals who have a
criminal background is small, the consequences
of their actions can have a devastating
impact on the organizations where they work.
The routine performance of criminal
background checks on these personnel at
appointment and reappointment can:
- Reduce your risk
- Conform to existing and emerging guidelines
- Provide added peace of mind for your patients
- Protect your reputation in your community
Comprehensive criminal background services
PreCheck takes an investigative approach to
screening and has a staff of licensed private
investigators reviewing and processing every
application. PractitionerCheck offers
healthcare organizations comprehensive
packages of criminal searches for physicians
and allied health professionals that could
- Positive identification
- Maiden/AKA name search
- County criminal records search
- U.S. Federal Criminal District Court search
- U.S. Federal Civil District Court search
- U.S. Federal Bankruptcy Court search
- Sex Offender registry search
- SanctionCheck™ - Medicare/Medicaid screening and integrity review through our exclusive partnership with the National Healthcare Data Bank (NHDB), which includes OIG, GSA and terrorist lists, plus numerous federal and state agencies.
Clients can easily order PractitionerCheck
services, check status and access the results
at any time through our secure client
website. PractitionerCheck packages are
flexible and can be customized to fit your
healthcare organization's needs. Reduce your
liability, protect your organization's reputation
and be prepared for upcoming industry
requirements by requiring physicians and
allied health professionals to have a criminal